Excellent NM Elk Opportunity

NM Elk Addict

Hello all. I'm surprised that I haven't seen the following posted to the site as of yet. Might be worth a look at the RMEF and NMDGF raffle that is up for grabs. The winner of the raffle has an amazing, any weapons, any unit, 5 month opportunity to chase those wiley elk. I got lucky enough to draw a 1st archery hunt in NM Unit 16c, but I'm still gonna try my luck at this raffle. Thought that maybe some of y'all that didn't draw out might get a chance to pick up this hunt.

http://www.rmef.org/Events/RafflesSweepstakes/NMElkTagDrawing.aspx

Good luck should you decide to pick up a raffle ticket.

I'll be traveling to NM 16c frequently over the next few months in search of firewood and the occasional elk encounter. I'll make sure to keep you posted (on a separate thread) on conditions and encounters as the summer progresses. If there is something you need checked out around that unit, let me know and I might be able to help with a 'look-see.'

I have my ticket.
And started trips into the Gila area for my hunts,course it helps I look at the north end.....

Awesome. I'm hoping to get a couple for me and the old lady too. Thanks for confirming my discovery of the north end. My pops and I hunted it last year and had some luck kicking a few up. I'd thought about spending some extra time up there this up year and seeing how it goes. M

Good luck on the raffle. Will definitely be a sweet treat.

I was thinking more of my view of he Apache/Sitgraves NF.....or north end of the Gila as it's known around here.

I have let my membership lapse. I did not agree with some recent RMEF moves.

Cannot buy a ticket without the membership number.

Is there a way around this? It is self defeating to the RMEF to do this.

I bought mine from state RMEF guy,but I just got an e-mail notice from NMG&F about it and others.
Should be online. RMEF does not get special Gov. tags here in NM that I know of.
Just the ability to help NMG&F in ticket sales for these special hunts that anyone can win.
Hell,if I get it,I'm selling it. Only tag you can transfer here.
And I already drew a tag...

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. When I read the proclamation it gave me the impression the raffle had already taken place. Good Luck everyone.

I was just able to purchase tickets for my wife and I. I noticed that they want a RMEF number at the top, but it's not required. Give it shot. It's for a good cause and the winner will be whistling Dixie. I hope I'm whistling on the first of June. Good luck all.

I looked up my expired membership number, That allowed my the access the form. I thought I was doing something wrong, but couldn't figure out what.

I ended up buying a couple of tickets. Longshot, but I can dream!

Didn't draw but all for a good cause. Texan won the tag. The lucky duck. Hope he finds a monster if he keeps the tag. I've heard that the tag can sell for over 40k on the market, so even if he doesn't hunt it, he can buy a couple of home grown elk and drop em right in the freezer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back