Everglades Boat tour suggestions

MNElkNut

The family and I are going on vacation to Florida in early March and want to do an Everglades fan boat tour. Can anyone recommend an guide/outfitter/whatever you call them? Or I suppose maybe more important, if you had a bad experience, share that with me? Thanks!

Does Holiday Park do airboats? I think we want one of those tours.

We would like to fish, but may not have the time.

Excuse the ignorant questions as I know nothing about this, but wouldn't we want to go out of the channels on a smaller boat to see things? My kids love animals, so seeing critters would be nice (gators and stuff). At this point, I really don't know the right questions to ask or how to plan this thing! I will check out their website now!

I took my girls on an airboat tour with Captain Jacks out of Everglade City a few years ago. It was a fun ride through the mangroves. Open air, smaller boats. Entertaining driver. Seen plenty of wildlife, even a family of raccoons that the boas constrictors hadn't gotten to yet. I'm neither endorsing nor negatively criticizing, just info.

Excuse the ignorant questions as I know nothing about this, but wouldn't we want to go out of the channels on a smaller boat to see things? My kids love animals, so seeing critters would be nice (gators and stuff). At this point, I really don't know the right questions to ask or how to plan this thing! I will check out their website now!
Running through the cattails and sometimes Sawgrass without a cover translates to being covered in said vegetation. It doesn't all lay down as they drive over it. Flies up in your face. Along with every insect attached to said vegetation.

Back