Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Episode 40

DaveAZ

I just watched the Elk Talk Podcast #40 with Corey Jacobsen and Randy Newberg: "Wolves and Wolf Issues. "
I'm not from Colorado so aside from joining RMEF and donating money there's probably not much more a nonresident can do, eh?
I would have to say that I was pretty depressed after listening to that podcast. Colorado doesn't allow trapping, and if the grey wolf is reintroduced you won't be able to manage them through hunting alone. Heck, it will take years of litigation before a hunter will ever be allowed to shoot one.
That population is going to decimate Colorado's elk and deer populations and will spread quickly to surrounding states.
I'm just getting back into hunting and if it wasn't for these forums I wouldn't have any idea of what's about to happen. Even so, how do you get someone to listen if their operating from emotions rather than science? Wildlife issues should never be decided at the ballot box.
After listening to that podcast I really don't have much hope for a sport that I love. I sure hope we will be able to pass our way of life down to our kids.
I'm getting involved and will do what I can. If there's something we can do to help you Coloradans out let us know. It's an issue that is going to affect more than just the people of Colorado.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back