MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Episode 2

rmyoung1

Just finished watching the moose hunt episode. I appreciate the honesty and the real frustration that came through. That's not a theme that's very common on TV, but it's something I feel like I encounter on most of my hunts. Battling through it is something I'm learning to do.

Just this past fall I was hunting elk in CO in mid-October. I was hunting the same country I had been hunting in early September, but just six weeks later it was like hunting 2 different planets. After 4 days of hunting and lots of climbing, I had 0 elk sightings. I was discouraged and going through the motions. And then it happened... I was climbing with my head down and obviously not mentally engaged when I heard a stick pop. I looked up in time to see an elk butt disappear into the timber not 75 yards away. I followed the elk for a while but, not surprisingly, never caught up to it. I hope I've now learned my lesson.

Anyway... all that to say that I appreciate someone being honest about that side of the hunting experience, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one who has to battle through my own attitude lapses.

Thanks, Randy. I enjoyed the episode.

Other than the TV guys who never seem to have that happen, who hasn't let their guard down after days of grinding away and messed up on the big chance we worked so hard to get?

Good news is that from this point forward, our luck changes for the better and you get to see some of the times when good luck and perseverance pay off. Getting some good luck, just by the mere fact of being out hunting and being there when lady luck decides to throw you a bone, is also an important part of the hunt.

Thanks for watching.

Hey Randy...Your batting a 1000 with your new show. Anyone who has ever put miles on the soles of their boots knows 99% of the hunting shows out there are not realistic to say the least. Id much rather watch your show and see you take an animal half the time than watch any other show out there.With you its no BS and what you see is what you get....reality...thanks for everything you do for the average guy or gal....:cool:

Last edited:
new change is nice so far,,,shows what happens to 75% of the times when things are what they are,,,glad you got your boat moter started.not every hunt is a success.even with the kind of money it takes to go to alaska d i y ,im sure it wasnt a cheap trip.do you have a ballpark figure what a trip like that runs?

I'd like to watch, but don't have cable or satellite TV. Is there any place to rent or purchase for viewing on a computer or iPad - preferably the iPad?

Is it just me or is the sound funny at some parts?

That's just the editing bleeps when the knuckles are scraped starting the outboard!:eek:

Really enjoyed the honesty of the show, nice job Randy.

I was trying to figure out how you guys filmed my hunts without me noticing the cameras. Those two episodes are pretty much how I roll.

I couldn't agree more, its nice to see both sides of hunting. Most shows only show success but we all know it doesn't work that way. The honesty is out standing and its a great show. Good luck to all in this years hunts.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back