Caribou Gear Tarp

Episode #11 - Nevada Archery Mule Deer

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to be on the road, typing this from the top of a mountain, but such is the life during filming season. Tomorrow, Friday September 11th, we will air the Nevada Archery Mule Deer episode. It will air at 11:30 am and 10:00 pm tomorrow, and at 3:00 pm on Sunday the 13th. All times being Mountain time.

Many of you read about this hunt, when we got back last month. NVLongbow was the shooter. It was a great hunt, for a leftover tag, in an area of the unit that no one thought was worth the gas to drive to. I loved it, and can't wait to do it again.

Here is the Hunt Talk link, if you want to read the play by play.
Nevada archery mule deer.

I hope you like this episode. And, if you want to have a great mule deer hunt, you can't go wrong with Nevada. And, if challenge is your style, go archery, and if you want more challenge, go with a longbow.

Gotta run and get back to camp.

Just watched this episode and thought it was great! Man have I been there. Seeing game and getting close but no cigar. Never with a longbow though but compound. I think that episode really shows the On Your Own Message. Not about the kill but the just being there with good friends, family and just doing it! Good Job guys.

Fin:

Got a call this morning from an old friend that moved to Hawaii about 5 years ago. He had seen yesterdays airing of this episode. He said OYOA has a following over there and they will be putting in their Golden Moose votes.

The episode turned out great guys! Very well done and worth the watch even without a kill shot. I had to rewind a couple of times the last stalk with the bucks right off the road, something sounded like a deer getting smacked by an arrow right before they ran off, not sure what it was but it certainly had me goin for a minute.

Thanks Spitz:

The sound you heard was the bow going off. The shot was low on the four point that was in the middle. I think it was right around 50 yards and would have been an easy shot for a better shooter w/a compound.

Nevada has some great archery hunting. You can't go wrong if you draw any of the northern or eastern areas.

I usually hunt a wilderness area in the center of the state but as Fin mentions" you can't get filming permits for a wilderness area".

That makes sense, I was hoping it wasn't just my imagination. :) Since my single deer point in Nevada won't get me much, I may have to look at some of those archery hunts in the next few years. Looked like a blast.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back