Elknut playbook purchase advice

fargoflyfish

I was doing some research and it seems that everyone agrees the elknut playbook is well worth the money. I was going to order it this morning, but they have some different packages that I might order instead. They have different packages that include different calls. I plan on getting the elknuts playbook, the "sounds by the elk", and the necessary calls. The only call I currently have is a cow reed call. My plan is to use it this archery season in MT.

Any suggestions about which package to get? Which calls are necessary during the rut? Thanks!

I don't know if you can use a diaphragm, but if you can you should pick up a couple. My preferences are one which can do cows and small bull. (Mellow Yellow is my favorite). I then like one for locator bugles. I either use Primos Ivory Plate (Not on his site) or I will pick up a Raging Bull (Brown One). Pick up one of his grunt tubes also.

He does have a great grunt tube. When in doubt, give him a call, he will set you up. Plus, he is so knowledgeable and passionate about elk hunting. He is one of the best guys in the business.

+1 w/StrutNut.

If you call Paul, have a little time set aside! Even if you and him have never spoken before, you start talking elk and he is passionate. Great guy.

+1 w/StrutNut.

If you call Paul, have a little time set aside! Even if you and him have never spoken before, you start talking elk and he is passionate. Great guy.

Couldn't agree more with this!!! I called to ask him about a sponsor on his site and 2 hours later I hung up with more elk knowledge than I could of learn with a stack of 10 books! He will be the first to tell you he doesn't know it all but he has a lot of boots on the ground experience! Get the cd version of the book and listen to it every chance you get! I drive truck so I have the luxury of listening to it on a loop in my truck! When it came to crunch time last year on my bull, every thing was second nature. Even the celebration advice to keep quiet helped. It kept me quiet to not spook the bull which hadn't expired when it first laid his head down for a few minutes, instead of screaming I kept quiet and watched. Info like that helped fill my freezer and emptied my wallet for the taxidermy bill! :)

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words but I'm not that bad! (big grin) I will admit that when the word Elk is mentioned in my presence I kinda go into a trance! (grin) Ha Ha, not really, if any have any questions that need to be addressed on the phone, heck just give me a shout, it's no problem at all. 208-315-0562

ElkNut/Paul

Here is a suggestion.
Get the play book and CDs, "Sound of the elk", and "Worse than wolves" .
Once you have a better idea of what call to use, and how to use them, then order some calls.

If you want to get some starter calls, the Mellow Yello diaphragm and a medimum sized grunt tube will get you started, and do 80% of the calls you want to learn.

Thanks for taking the time to talk on the phone today Paul. It is refreshing to talk to a business owner that is so willing to help and passionate about what they do. I really appreciate the advice!

You are more than welcome! Please feel free to call anytime, good luck this year!

ElkNut/Paul

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back