MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

ELK URINE

Benfromalbuquerque

So estrous elk piss, thoughts and experiences? I used elk urine once near a wallow, but it was bull elk urine. I liberally sprayed foliage early Sept. in the afternoon and we had a bull come in at nightfall. That bull ripped up stuff like bulls do so circumstantial evidence there.

What I’m specifically considering is Elk Fire spray due to great reports online fro past users. My intention would be to spray it on stuff when I set up calling, maybe spray down a drag cloth too.

Tried I whole bottle through out a season, never worked. Play the wind and be where the elk are going to be anyways.

We've had good luck with elk dirt, find a pee spot and gather up the dirt. We use it for cover scent and it works pretty well. I've had bulls come in down wind when using it on my hat or sprinkled some on my shoulder. You have to sniff it to know if it's cow or bull pee spot though.
We carry a baggie of pee dirt all archery season if we can find it.

Thank you for the feedback! Yeah, so I feared, the urine is really pixie dust if used where the elk aren’t. I’m thinking wytex recommended the best attractant- real cow elk urine. If I find it, I’ll know what to do.

Back here in Pa I was one the deer pee for a while then started thinking about the millions of bottles on every sporting good store shelves and how many deer farms are out their collecting urine
havent bought any for a long time I make mock scapes and pee in them myself and the bucks show the same interest as the bottled stuff

I believe CWD remains active in urine for years. They canned stuff you buy comes from farms and it has been suggested that it could aid dispersal.

What about vanilla? It was a thing once, but now gone just like skunk cover scent. I bet there’s someone older here with wisdom about vanilla as an attractant scent.

I prefer to smell like nothing than something.
Vanilla may make them curious and come in to check it out. Do you really want them looking for the smell? Skunk sent was an alarm sent, enough said.
I’ve heard guys putting urine on decoys, elk and deer both. Might use it there.
Magic pissin’ dust. Just mind the wind.

If I have too much it gives me heartburn...other than that I leave in the stores.

Back