Elk Massacre near Hwy.89 between Rawling and White Sulpher Springs

dcarnell

A3D480D2-4820-40D0-9886-054CD933874F.jpeg
Can anyone tell me what happened out there? Reports are saying 40 plus elk wounded or dead- unclaimed after a group of people (won’t call them hunters) shot up a herd of elk. Can’t believe what the reports are saying.... and people want to know why getting access to hunt is so hard. Thanks!

I can’t stand to be seen when I am hunting, and I don’t even understand how this can happen. It’s so disturbing because it means many hunters were simultaneously unethical. The madness of the crowd?

How do we stop flock shooting from happening?

An unfortunate consequence of the herding behavior in elk combined with the shoot until you see them stop and drop mentality of most elk hunters (myself included as preached by Newberg and others). This is more easily accomplished when you are shooting at one elk in a small group but when there are large herds and multiple people shooting how do you keep track of the animal you shot at!? Impossible and why I avoid these situations at all costs.

Similar situations on other side of mountain around Townsend. No elk anywhere and 100-500 head on Joe Smiths. As soon as they get to a place that allows hunting the rodeo begins. I’ve not been able to come up with a solution.

If the above is true then does the warden issue all participants a ticket?

Let's all jump to conclusions before we know all the facts.
@Werty thats why I asked if anyone knows the facts about what happened. Seems like a ton of people confirmed with the game warden lots of wounded and unclaimed elk that went to the food bank.

@Werty thats why I asked if anyone knows the facts about what happened. Seems like a ton of people confirmed with the game warden lots of wounded and unclaimed elk that went to the food bank.
My post was not directed at you, but at people bitching to bitch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back