Elk Ivory Ideas

lbaldrid

I have shot a couple of bull elk over the years and have the sets of ivory's. Wondering if anybody has any cool ideas for display or a use for them outside of the typical jewelry? Thanks!

I mean, still technically jewelry, but I had a matching set of custom Pandora charms made from a set of ivories for my wife and her aunt.

Her aunt promptly lost the whole bracelet but it’s the thought that counts.

I mean, still technically jewelry, but I had a matching set of custom Pandora charms made from a set of ivories for my wife and her aunt.

Her aunt promptly lost the whole bracelet but it’s the thought that counts.
That's unfortunate.

Not a bad idea, however, my wife has no interest in wearing any sort of jewelry. If it were such a piece, it would be display only. I am going to split one set with my dad as my first elk was with him. That's kind of steering me towards a knife inlay or a money clip, etc.

Not that anyone is following along, but I decided to go with a knife from Rocky Mountain Ivory and use one of my elk ivory tooth as an in-lay in the handle. They did a very quick turn around and it turned out great!
That sounds cool. Do you have a picture?

That sounds cool. Do you have a picture?

Here are a couple of photos. This was an ivory from my first elk 9 years ago. I finally got around to doing something with it. The ivory itself isn't incredibly full of character but its from my first elk hunt with my dad so I wanted to get something for his birthday. I'm not a huge knife expert but, overall, the knife is nice. It has a Damascus blade and seems to be well made, heavy.elk ivory knife box.jpgelk ivory knife.jpgelk ivory knife2.jpg

Here are a couple of photos. This was an ivory from my first elk 9 years ago. I finally got around to doing something with it. The ivory itself isn't incredibly full of character but its from my first elk hunt with my dad so I wanted to get something for his birthday. I'm not a huge knife expert but, overall, the knife is nice. It has a Damascus blade and seems to be well made, heavy.View attachment 198199View attachment 198200View attachment 198201
Very nice,and a great idea for the ivory’s

i have been looking at some of the stuff hammeredinthemountains.com makes looks amazing but havent found the extra scratch to actually do it. not sure i ever will, rather put it toward tags.

This was my Buckle from my Tule Elk . If you get one made, be sure to have the letters engraved in the Ribbons when you order the buckle. they can't do it after. All my others got made into pendants and earrings.

164780_1770553952328_1109169_n.jpg

Back