Elk hunting boots

Another vote for the Meindl Perfekt boots. Mine are 8 years old. Never got a blister, and still perfect construction, and still waterproof.

I wear them daily, and scout, hike, and hunt 250 days a year in the Rockies. If I ever wear them out i'll buy another pair.

Hey Tim,

I have the Vasque bitterroots and I love them. Dave ( author of public land Mulies) actually prefers the Vasques as well. I have naturally wide feet and their standard width boot fits me perfect. If you have a narrow foot, these probably aren't a great option. By far the best fitting boot I have tried on based on my foot.

Good luck!
Chuck

Like others I have had many boots and what fits/works for you is most important.
I only wear my hunting boots, hunting. I have many other boots I wear working,hiking/scouting,in warm weather.
I'm currantly(15yrs) hunting with Meindel Ibex and they have been great boots. Light ,good support,and light inslulation fort padding,cold.But they are starting to show their age.
Looking at getting some Kennetrek,Meindel,Lowa, or another mtn style boot.I need the ankle support they provide when carrying any weight. Light insulation might help with padding.And full leather w/goretex.
I use Kennetrek Grizzly Packs in cold weather,the best hiking pack boots I've ever had.
I only wear merino wool socks now,year round.They wick and keep my feet cool or warm. Just ad liners when hunting or long hikes/packing.
Don't know how many pairs of Meindel,Vasque or Lowa boots I have worn out hiking over the years. But they are great boots,IMHO.
I have 2 pairs of Danner Cascades I have used for work for 20 + yrs,just alternate them and keep them oiled and soled.
Gone thru 4 pairs of light suede/nylon boots in NM in 6 yrs. None last or protect my feet anymore.
I don't even wear tennis shoes here ......but do wear moccosins most of the time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back