Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Elk Calls?

I can't believe y'all would ruin a perfectly good wiffle ball bat to shoot an elk. I'm picturing you guys running around the woods with the fat red bats that everyone had in case the uncoordinated neighborhood kid insisted on playing.

Agree about the Bugling Bull reeds, especially the brown one!! Very easy to use, and have great sound. Can't vouch for the wiffle bat though!!

Whaddya mean ruin a good wiffle bat? After the first year I used a wiffle bat my kids used it to play ball. I had to get a new one the next year because they smashed it flat. At the time they were only 5 and 3 so hitting a ball very far wasn't an option.

I lose a bugle tube in the woods at least every other year. It gets expensive if your buying $30 bugles. I like the sound you get from a wiffle bat better anyway.

Mouth reeds/diaphragms would certainly allow you to make the most realistic Bull & Cow sounds & all in one reed! Too, with mouth reeds you can inject feeling & emotion, these are very important under many encounters & they're hands free! They take some serious practice to get good with but are well worth your time & effort!

Whichever brand you decide on stay with single reed calls as they are more user friendly especially for a newer caller. Instruction on their use & placement is very important so you start off right, this way you will be able to see quick results which will continue to motivate you to keep on practicing! You will get out of it what you put into it! You will find little use for external Cow Calls & Bugles once reeds are mastered! Have fun, it's well worth your efforts!

ElkNut1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back