Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Eliot Spitzer working hard!

IT,

You thought Ralph Nader would make a good President. Please!! You've promoted every kook enviro extremist and all their extremist ideas. The biggest simpleton here at S. I. is you, so forgive me if I doubt your judgement. The best thing you could do for your friend Eliot, is to stop endorsing him. Your only costing him votes.

...NRA fostered paranoia amongst some hunters who aren't smart enough to see that they might be voting for politicians, based on gun rights issues, who are actually the worst enemy a hunter or fisherman could actually have.
WTF? Who are you to judge someone's intellegence based on who they vote for? They disagree with you, so they "aren't smart"?

Take your elitist sounding self back to the east coast where it belongs, and stop trying to tell people like me what my concerns should be. Educate me, fine. But I'll go ahead and determine what is important without your judgements.

And it isn't paranoia if it is happening.

Hangar18,

Can you give me some examples of how you've been denied the right to own or purchase a firearm?

I say it is paranoia, brought on by some dumbshit NRA politicians.

Did you want me to tell you about the time I tried to buy a GP100 at Gart's Sports in Jackson, WY while visiting my folks. At the time I was an Arizona resident.

Or the time I tried to buy a Beretta 92FS in Jackson, WY at Spike Camp Sports after I became an Idaho resident?

I could also tell you about the time my father tried to buy a Beretta 92FS in Idaho Falls (he lives in Jackson, WY still)

Stay tuned for my Chicago report next Wednesday. I am an Idaho resident.

Might even submit a report when I try to buy a S&W .357 while I'm in San Jose in June at my nephew's HS graduation. I'm in the market. I will still be from Idaho at this time.

You're welcome.

Hangar18,

So, you're saying that its illegal for you to buy any of those weapons and theres no way you can buy one??? Idaho doesnt have any places that sell firearms?

You're welcome.

BuzzH said:
Hangar18,

Can you give me some examples of how you've been denied the right to own or purchase a firearm?

You asked for examples when I have been denied the right to own or purchase a firearm. I gave them to you.

You're welcome.

Hangar18,

No you didnt.

Can you own those firearms and purchase them...simple yes or no will do. You either can or you cant. If you can, your second amendment rights are intact and working perfectly.

Yes I can own them. But prior to taking ownership, I must first purchase them. I was denied the right to purchase them on two occasions. Yes I can purchase them in certain places. But I was denied the right to purchase them in certain places as well.

A simple yes or no will not do, because it is not that simple. I could not exercise my 2nd Amendment rights in these instances.

Hangar, "WTF? Who are you to judge someone's intellegence based on who they vote for? They disagree with you, so they "aren't smart"?"

Yup, that's exactly right. If they had any brains they'd agree with me on everything. hump

What did the law say that prevented you from buying those firearms? It sure sounds like you're a typical NRA paranoia nut. What are ya going to do with all those hunting rifles and shotguns when the wildlife has been decimated by lack of winter range, lack of good habitat due to overgrazing, poor logging and mining practices, oil field developments, etc. ?

CA Hunter, He has some things going for him that, I think, will prove you wrong. Just start paying attention. Meanwhile, how about telling us what the Attorney General of California has ever done to help you. I told you what Eliot's done to help you.

Hangar18,

Yes it really is that simple and any court in the country would agree.

If you think you have had your 2nd amendment rights trampled...your case should be a slam dunk for any flunky lawyer familiar with constitutional law. You have a lot to gain when your consitutional rights are trampled...get on with it or shut the pie-hole.

The trouble is...you'd be laughed out of any court or attorneys office in the U.S. you know it, I know it, and so does everyone else.

Your second amendment rights were not violated.

Buzzard, Let's not be so testy.. "Get on with it or shut your pie hole". What kind of talk is that from one as politically sensitive as you are? Now now.. and speaking of flunky lawyers, where the heck is Hoser?

I agree with you about the rights issue. If you get right to it, the Constitution provide directives for the federal government. It directs the protection of the right to keep and bear arms.. Which was not denied. What was denied was the states regulation of the sale of firearms. A touchy area at best but then again, states rights are not dictated by the Constitution. Matter of fact, I believe the intent was anything not specifically granted the federal government, by the Constitution, was supposed to be reserved for the states to govern. You have the right to keep and bear, just not the right to purchase outside of your state of residence, for handguns or outside of your perimeter states for long guns in some cases. You can, however go back to your state of residence and buy all of the Berettas and H&Ks your heart desires and your pocket book can afford.

Funny things this business of rights. Seems there are a lot of folks confused by what is and what isn't. Kind of confusing.

:cool:

Hangar, What did the law say that prevented you from buying those firearms?
The law said that a person cannot purchase a handgun in a state that is not their state of residence. Yes I can carry concealed in WY, just not purchase a handgun there, or anywhere but Idaho.

Buzz, you asked if I had ever been denied the right to purchase a firearm. I gave you two examples where I was denied the right to purchase a firearm. When I attempt to purchase a firearm, and the seller says he cannot sell me one due to a particular law, I would call that a denial of my right to buy a firearm. If I am not correct in that assessment, and you seem to think that is the case, please tell me what you would call it.

Were my rights violated, trampled...no, I didn't feel that they were. Was I denied a right...yes. I respect the law and abide by it, including this one. In most states this means a person can still buy a handgun in their state of residence. So what makes me more "qualified", "privilaged", more "law-abiding" to make this kind of purchase in the state I vote in versus going to the state I grew up in and make the exact same purchase, with the exact same background checks. Remember, this is not a state law, it's federal.

...get on with it or shut the pie-hole.
How did you know I type with my mouth open? You're good.

Hangar18,

Since you're second amendment rights were NOT violated by your own admission...then Ithaca is correct that the NRA is, in fact, selling paranoia and you've drank the kool-aid.

Remember you said if it IS happening (losing your second amendment rights) it isnt paranoia...therefor if it ISNT happening it must be.

I rest my case, now go clean your firearms that you claim the jack-booted thugs dont allow you to have...

The denial or loss of a right is not the same thing as a violation. Violation is a perceived loss by an individual where little or no tangible loss is possible. Denial or loss is tangible, black and white...it did happen or it didn't. I lost / was denied the right to purchase a handgun in Wyoming by moving to another state. A right was eroded because at one time I was able to go to another state and purchase a handgun, and my father was as well. I can still purchase a rifle or shotgun there. That isn't paranoia, that is a fact.

Eliot Spitzer tried to sue firearms manufacturers for selling a legal and highly regulated product. He didn't prove his assertions or Ithaca's. And it sounds like Ithaca has bought into his bullshit excuse for the loss.
It's a fact that some manufacturers were selling suspiciously large quantities of some handgun models popular with gangs to some distributors and the distributors were selling suspiciously large quantities of those gang popular models to some characters who were selling them to gangs. That's not what the judges were ruling on. They were ruling on the validity of Spitzers arguments, based on law, in his case. He tried something novel and didn't pull it off. I chaulk it up to youthful inexperience. Don't try to make it sound like there wasn't a problem that Eliot was trying to solve.
If these so-called facts were in fact facts, then he would have been able to prove the case pretty easily by tracing the illegally obtained handguns back to the rogue dealers, and found complicity with manufacturers using purchase orders. Too bad he forgot it is the BATF that regulates the distribution and sale of firearms. I won't vote for him because he is too stupid to have not figured this out.

Hangar18,

Either way, you still have the right to purchase and own the firearms you attempted to purchase out-of-state. I'm shocked that you were...how did you put it with regard to Spitzer not knowing the rules..."too stupid not to have figured it out".

Bottom line is the NRA, does in fact, sell paranoia, and does a damn fine job of it I might add. Suckers line up to throw money at them...

Hangar, "I won't vote for him because he is too stupid to have not figured this out."

You mean he's too stupid to have figured this out, not "to have not figured this out". Besides, he's running for Governor of NY state in 2006. You live in Idaho. I hate to be the one to have to tell you this, but Idaho residents don't get to vote in NY state elections. And you think he's stupid! :D

The earliest you could have a chance to not vote for him would be in 2008 if he runs for President or Vice Pres., which is very unlikely. More likely 2012. Either way, you have no idea who he might be running against, but you've already decided you're not going to vote for him. And you think he's stupid! :D

I get a lotta laughs outta the stuff people post in SI! :D This one was almost as good as Dan telling someone they "mispelled" a word! :D :D

You're a typical paranoid NRA dupe. Please don't call anyone else "stupid". :D

Hangar,

Those east coast libs sure have a way of wooing us "simpleton gun nuts" over to their side. Why would anyone in New York want to vote this guy in as Governor, if he's already talking about bailing out and running for POTUS 2 years later? Why would Hillary select another big New York lib as a running mate in 08? If she doesn't and wins in 08, where does that leave Eliot in 2012? Who's drinking the koolaid?

Ithaca - He didn't figure this out, so he is stupid. Same thing as too stupid to have not figured this out, and too stupid to have figured this out. Thanks for the English lesson.

And I know he is running for NY Gov in 2006. I looked at his website. I figured you were pimping him to SI because you thought he would be running on a national level sometime in the future.

BuzzH - I don't have the right to purchase it at the location of my choosing. True or false? Glad to hear you haven't been duped by the silly ol' NRA.

BHR - I figure if Buzz & Ithaca are calling me stupid, I am on the correct side of the argument.

Have a great day and weekend.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back