Eberlestock team elk pack

standard_lengthy

I purchased a team elk pack a while ago for a guided rifle hunt in Colorado this fall and was wondering if it would suitable for a 7day Archery backpack hunt. It's around 3500 ci. I noticed nobody talks about eberlestock packs on this forum. Did I get sold?

standard_lengthy,

A 7 day archery hunt might be pushing it with that pack but with good organization and minimalist supplies I think you can do it. The RMEF Eblerstock pack is designed to be a multiday pack. I don't own that pack in particular but I do own the Eblerstock Gunrunner which is a day pack. That has been a great pack for several years with no issues. The quality of the zippers and clips are solid. I have hunted in all types of terrain with it and have never had any issues. I have been very pleased I picked up the Eblerstock Packframe and transformer this year and will be using it in the fall.

I bought an Eberlestock pack last Fall. (Can't remember it's model name, but it's fairly good sized, but compresses down too). Here's what I noticed about this brand. I've had many packs in my life, and I've been at it for a long time. I'm pushing 66.
This pack is the most comfortable pack I've ever had. There's something about the configuration of the shoulder straps that make it feel good and fitting right. So, while they cost some, I'm pleased with it.

I won one at an RMEF banquet this spring and have been using it for my training hikes. Love it so far. Seems really well made and fits so good. as windymtnman stated, it is really comfy as well.

Personal pref... As for me, i would burn that backpack for heat... Lol. I thought it was super heavy and uncomfortable. Love my kuiu ultra 6k.

I would think that 3500 for 7 days would be pushing it. Probably easier with 5000. However since its guided, I don't know how much you will have to actually carry like your food. I'm assuming they pack it out. Maybe it would work fine for you.

I don't think you got "sold". I used a Eberlestock J34 Just One pack for a 5-day backpacking CO rifle elk hunt (2nd season) 3 years ago. You have to get creative on loading your gear and some will have to be lashed to the outside of the pack. Since your hunt will be during archery season, you can probably get by with less clothes and related gear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back