Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Eastern Idaho (diamond creek) vs Wyoming unit 89 and surrounding

TN VOL

Hey guys I’m planning an archery elk hunt for 2021. I’ve got the points to get a general tag in WY, however I’m considering trying to purchase an Idaho diamond creek tag in December. I’ve been through these areas but never hunted, extremely beautiful and looks like good elk country. Does anyone have experience in either areas or both? Does Idaho side have more hunting pressure, I know WY has the sept 15 rifle deer hunt that starts during elk archery. I’ve looked at harvest results in both areas..both seem to be decent. Any feedback would be great..you can pm as well.
Happy hunting this fall!

I’d be very curious what percent of the diamond creek harvest, especially mature bulls comes off a few ranches in the zone. One of them seems to do very, very well based off the owners instagram

Diamond Creek is a goat rope. Staring with getting the tag. Sells out faster than quickly.
Has some bulls, also a lot of hunters. Tex Creek is also a decent unit. Less people.
Since my son and I are new to archery elk hunting, I hated to burn 4 pref points on WY in 2021 since we are still learning how to elk hunt..but I wanted us to have a good experience while learning the ropes..diamond creek must be decent if they sell out first day of tags being available..I’ll study up on Tex creek.. thanks for the info!

Big country, a lot a lot of hunters and yes there are elk in there. Get up and get away from ppl and road access you should do just fine.

89 is general so obviously plenty of other hunters, but the elk hunting can be very good. You’ll have a great time in beautiful country if you choose that route.

Diamond Creek is a goat rope. Staring with getting the tag. Sells out faster than quickly.
Has some bulls, also a lot of hunters. Tex Creek is also a decent unit. Less people.
Woot woot! Got my Tex Creek tag as was unsure about the unit.

What is coming out of tex creek now days?? All i remember is a 14 day war lol. Great country and winter range for the animals.

Don’t have any WY experience but I think the DC unit is as good as a Utah Wasatch LE tag. I’ve had great DIY archery hunts. Never had a day without seeing elk and had chances at bulls the years I didn’t tag out. Even drew a few of the October rifle tags (which is like bowhunting with a gun). Yeah it’s crowed so just go when weather is crappy or get creative.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back