Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Earth's inability to sustain life comes soon!

This says we should start leveling out at about 2050 and 10 billion for the world. At 10 billion what would the standard of living be?

It looks like the world will be mostly Asian, it is now.

http://www.prb.org/Content/NavigationMenu/PRB/Educators/Human_Population/Population_Growth/Population_Growth.htm

Life expectancy increases have to increase the population, if everything else is constant, since the population is the sum of birth and deaths and the deaths are decreasing, so the sum increases.

Can the earth support 10 billion of us? Buzz's approach is emphasizing an environmentalist approach, the species matters more than the individual or his family. He would probably say, now junior, if you eat to much, more than your share, I'm sending you to your room.

What is my share of 1 out of 10 billion of the world's food supply? Probably get a deer tag, once in your life, if that were the case, eh?

Under my scenario, everything wouldn't be constant. Each person having one child to replace themselves would make the birth rate lower than the death rate. Thus, increased longevity would delay the point where neg. population growth occurred, but it would still occur.

BuzzH, to bad your mother didn't feel the same way about kids as you then we would have to listen to this bull!

I've raised my share of "resource gobblers" and the tax breaks you nongobbler bearing whiners are complaining about don't even come close to making it even.

TB- Yes it does. You got tax breaks while needing more from tax dollars while those who forgo having kids pay for 'em. IMO, that is the rub.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back