Caribou Gear

Earlyish beaver action

Wally Dog

Duck spot is frozen so I decided to make a few sets for creek de-nuders.
3 for 4 on the first go around. My 6 year old grandson thought it was great sport.
Largest was 58# on a scale.
And how can I rotate these cotten pickers after Windows 10 decides which way to display them!!!!
IMG_1153.jpgIMG_1145.jpgIMG_1160.jpgIMG_1154.jpgIMG_1146.jpg

Beaver trapping is a ton of fun. Hard work at times, also.

I've got to ask. Do you set your 330's on top of the dam, like the picture suggests? I've always set them completely submerged. Just curious.

Beaver trapping is a ton of fun. Hard work at times, also.

I've got to ask. Do you set your 330's on top of the dam, like the picture suggests? I've always set them completely submerged. Just curious.

I usually like them bout 50/50 in and above the water. I did have one set that was 100% above water last go around. It was a long slide that went under some sticks. Perfect!

Where's a good resource for beginning beaver trapping? We have some on our land in northern MN and would love to make a hat and some mittens.

Very nicely done! Time limits my ability to trap right now, but I could see myself really enjoying it.

I expected a lot of beaver jokes/ one-liners when I clicked on the thread, but nothing. What is happening to HT?

Where's a good resource for beginning beaver trapping? We have some on our land in northern MN and would love to make a hat and some mittens.

You let me know when you find a mentor and I'll meet you there. I have a couple of friends in western MN that may be able to teach us a thing or two. I'll reach out.

I, too, am disappointing about the beaver comments... but it's a good thread nonetheless.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back