PEAX Equipment

Early November WY antelope

Focus

Hey y’all, I have one more pronghorn tag to fill and I’ll be going through my hunt unit around Saratoga again in early November. What’s the snow levels like that time of year around Saratoga? Do they keep the highway over the Snowy’s open or is it a crapshoot that time of year? How about the road down to Walden, CO?

What are the antelope doing in early November? I assume the rut’s over.....do the does huddle up by themselves away from the bucks or are they all together?

I have experience there in July, and I just got back from there last week (filled three tags in the process), but no knowledge of it in early November. Your knowledge and help is appreciated.

Hwy 130 is usually closed by then I think, or soon thereafter. Road down to Walden, Hwy 230, stays open year around. Weather can be anywhere from cold, windy and snowy to warmish and dry. The antelope will be grouped up, with the bucks included. More sets of eyes to sneak up on but they don't get pressured that time of year and are usually not too difficult to sneak up on.

Hwy 130 is usually closed by then I think, or soon thereafter. Road down to Walden, Hwy 230, stays open year around. Weather can be anywhere from cold, windy and snowy to warmish and dry. The antelope will be grouped up, with the bucks included. More sets of eyes to sneak up on but they don't get pressured that time of year and are usually not too difficult to sneak up on.

Hi Carl, thank you for the insights. And congrats on your recent short-range kills in two different units!

Back