Early Holiday Sale on Nikon Scopes

VikingsGuy

[STATUS UPDATE: All are sold]

Given that Nikon is now exiting the scope business, that these haven’t been moving and ‘tis the season for giving, I am now offering all 10 near new Nikon scopes for 50% of my original asking price.

Here is the original post: https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/mu...a-nib-vortex-gun-room-clean-up-part-2.291472/

For your convenience, here is some of the relevant description from that post (too many pictures to total redo the post here):

“I have 10 Nikon rifle scopes for sale. All 10 come in boxes with manuals. All come with the Nikon cloth + scope covers. The 8 Nikon Monarch scopes will each include a LoneStar cant ring. I also have 4 neoprene Nikon scope sleeves that I will throw in for the first 4 scopes purchased. I am not including pictures of repeat multiple items to keep this post within a reasonable size, but all are in the same condition. I can PM specifics picts if folks need.

3 Nikon Monarch 5 3-15x42 ED SF Advanced BDC scopes in near perfect condition. They run about $570 new, I will sell to your door in the lower 48 states, $450 [NOW $225]each. I have 2 nikon 42mm glare tubes that I will send along with the first 2 of these I sell. The ED glass on the Monarch 5 series is really nice.

2 Nikon Monarch 5 2-10x42 ED Advanced BDC scopes in near perfect condition. They run about $470 new, I will sell to your door in the lower 48 states, $350 [NOW $175] each. The ED glass on the Monarch 5 series is really nice.

3 Nikon Monarch 3 SF 3-12x42 BDC scopes in near perfect condition. They run about $400 new, I will sell to your door in the lower 48 states, $300 [NOW $150] each.

1 Nikon PROSTAFF 5 3.5-14x40 BDC scope in near perfect condition. They run about $295 new, I will sell to your door in the lower 48 states, $160 [NOW $80].

1 Nikon Nikon P-223 Turret 4-12x40 BDC 600 scope in near perfect condition. This comes with a sun tube also. They run about $250 new + $40 for sun tube, I will sell together to your door in the lower 48 states, $165 [NOW $82.50].”

Last edited:
I don't know. They have many irons in the fire in the optics business and have tough competition all around - probably just had to pick which battles they were going to focus on (pun not intended). In my experience, dollar for dollar their scopes perform pretty well in the low to medium end, but they were slow to react to the "tacti-cool" market and are selling to a segment where "buy American" can be a big selling point - I would guess those are a few of the reasons.

Any idea if they will continue to support their warranty after they stop selling scopes?

Any idea if they will continue to support their warranty after they stop selling scopes?
My understanding is yes, but I have no official answer. At these prices, a steal with or without warranty. FWIW - I have shot Nikon scopes for 30 years (all of these are much newer than that) and never had reason to make a warranty service claim. Where as in the last 2 years I have had to send back a nearly new $600 Vortex and a right out of the box $1,5000 Leupold. Not trying to criticize V or L (I love my top end Ls), just sharing my experience. YMMV.

Last edited:
Update:
3 of the Monarch 5ED 3-15x are sold (two pending payment)​
1 of the Monarch 5ED 2-10x is sold​
The ProStaff is sold pending payment​

That leaves:
1 Monarch 5ED 3-15x
1 Monarch 5ED 2-10x​
3 of the Monarch 3 3-12x​
1 P223 4-12x​

Last edited:
Update:
All 3 of the Monarch 5ED 3-15x are sold​
Both of the 2 Monarch 5ED 2-10x are sold​
The ProStaff is sold​
2 of the Monarch 3 3-12x sold (one pending payment)​

That leaves:
1 Monarch 3 3-12x​
1 P223 4-12x​

Last edited:
I figured all these would go quick, I saw these late last night. I was going to ask about the Prostaff to go on my Savage A17 .17HMR that I am going to pick up tomorrow. Eventually I need to get my own scope for my .300 WSM preferably in the 4-16x50 with 30mm tube size range. I like my Monarch 3 3-12x42 BDC that I have on my .270 I pulled it up today just to look at it while out in the woods and it is clear edge to edge. Oh well, guess I will have to miss out and wait for another round. I get paid tomorrow, that is why I didn't say anything earlier, plus I was out in the woods hoping to see the elusive whitetail.

Just wanted to say thanks to VikingsGuy. The scope I bought arrived Monday and is in perfect condition as described. Can't wait to get it mounted on my Tikka! Thanks again.

Back