Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Eagle optics spotter

A-con

Last year I was lookig into spotting scopes, but I couldn't find one that had everything I wanted for under $400
A few weeks ago I was checking on binos for a friend when I went back to the "Eagle optics" web site.
They have a new spotter out called the "Denali", and it fit my bill.

15-45 X 60mm

Fully multi-coated "Bak-4" prism glass lens

Fog & water proof, O-ring sealed, nitrogen filled.

Life time warrentie, & a one time, fix any damage no matter whos falt insurance.

Light weight & compact.

Only $200, and it comes with a "see through" soft case & a small table top tri-pod.

I got one and the optics are very good, not as good as a Leica, but as good as any I have looked through in the $400 range.

Took it up to the range and used it to check targets at 200 yds, to easy, so I started checking the hill behind the targets and spotted a lizard at about 250 yds, I could see his eyes and toes no problem. I don't think I will have any problem seeing .30 bullet holes out to 350, maby 400 yds on a good day.

If your looking for a decent spotter for hunting & shooting, and you don't want to break the bank, check it out.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 05-30-2003 01:49: Message edited by: Anaconda ]</font>

Eagle Optics optics are very good. I just bought their Ranger Platinum Series 8x42mm roof prism binoculars on the last day of the $100 rebate. After rebate they will have set me back $299.80. I think they are better than Pentax DCF WPs and as far as I can tell every bit as good as the Leicas I compared them with. I certainly could not see $600 worth of difference. I will seriously consider their spotting scopes when I buy the next one.

Anaconda and Jackfish: I did a search for eagle optics because I have been trying to find a spotting scope and have been thinking of getting some new binoculars. I came across the eagle optics brand and I have been searching for people who have been using them. Are you guys still happy with them after using them during hunting season?

Anaconda, how clear is the spotter at the higher powers?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-07-2003 15:14: Message edited by: Curly ]</font>

The spotter is very clear,even at the highest power, very good optics for the price.
My one complant is it's too light, it tends to move a bit with the slightest breeze.
( I should have bought a better tri-pod )

On the other hand, if your going to be packing it on your back, I think it's the lightest spotter made.
If your price range is under $400, it's a great unit.
If you can swing over $400, I'de look at the Nikon spotter XL.
Once again, I'm very happy with the optics.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-07-2003 19:34: Message edited by: Anaconda ]</font>

I am more than happy with the Eagle Optics Ranger Platinum Class binoculars. I used them this summer bird and wildlife viewing, during two deer seasons and use them coyote hunting. After a recent hunt which I let a buddy see my binoculars he went to Middleton and had a pair of 8x32mm sent to himself in California. He couldn't see $500 difference between them and the Leicas either.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. I will definately consider them and I will go to a WBU store to look at them. I've just been looking around on the internet so far and reading everything I can. I won't make any final decisions until late January but the Denali spotter and Ranger Binocs are definately on my short list to look at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back