E-tip vs Accubond

Who has experience with using the Nosler e-tip. Is it better than the Accubond?better than the partition? Better than other bullets? No clue someone please educate me

It all depends on your needs. Etip has a minimum velocity to expand (I think it's 1800fps) while the Accubond and Partition are much slower than that. Accubond will have a much higher BC than Partition but that is negligible with most hunting scenarios. Partition is a tried and true old school bullet that continues to kill animals. When working with a fast bullet at close ranges like within say 100 yards, all will fragment quickly. The Etip will likely lose its petals and push through. The Accubond and partition will open up quickly shed a bunch of energy and the front half of the copper jacket and the bottom half will likely go through. Depending on your opinion of lead in meat and environmental impacts it depends on the bullet of choice. All will kill animals equally.

Personally if I were to be hunting within 500 yards with your 270WSM the Etip gets the nod followed by Accubond purely for consistent tip for loading consistency. Partitions stay on the shelf even though that is the bullet I use in my 270Win.

Depending on your rifle's twist rate, i'd definitely consider Hammer Bullets in the 156 grain range as I do prefer going non-lead.

It all depends on your needs. Etip has a minimum velocity to expand (I think it's 1800fps) while the Accubond and Partition are much slower than that. Accubond will have a much higher BC than Partition but that is negligible with most hunting scenarios. Partition is a tried and true old school bullet that continues to kill animals. When working with a fast bullet at close ranges like within say 100 yards, all will fragment quickly. The Etip will likely lose its petals and push through. The Accubond and partition will open up quickly shed a bunch of energy and the front half of the copper jacket and the bottom half will likely go through. Depending on your opinion of lead in meat and environmental impacts it depends on the bullet of choice. All will kill animals equally.

Personally if I were to be hunting within 500 yards with your 270WSM the Etip gets the nod followed by Accubond purely for consistent tip for loading consistency. Partitions stay on the shelf even though that is the bullet I use in my 270Win.

Depending on your rifle's twist rate, i'd definitely consider Hammer Bullets in the 156 grain range as I do prefer going non-lead.
Thanks will consider it

If you are going to push it the max, out of a WSM, I would try the e-tip. All copper is pretty tough and will perform better close up, than the Accubomb. Either will work, but high velocity and copper are a match.

If you are going to push it the max, out of a WSM, I would try the e-tip. All copper is pretty tough and will perform better close up, than the Accubomb. Either will work, but high velocity and copper are a match.
Will the copper bullet expand at around 500 yards or will it only work at close rang?

Run that bullet through a ballistic calculator. Compare it against the pictures Nosler has on their website. I bet it'll be fast enough to open up but it won't be real spectacular.

Last year I shot an elk at 585yards with an Etip out of my 300WSM and the hole the bullets made weren't that big but the went completely through.

Run that bullet through a ballistic calculator. Compare it against the pictures Nosler has on their website. I bet it'll be fast enough to open up but it won't be real spectacular.

Last year I shot an elk at 585yards with an Etip out of my 300WSM and the hole the bullets made weren't that big but the went completely through.
Ok thanks

The "Accubomb" works very well at close range. I put a 200 grain Accubond, 3200 fps muzzle velocity through a bull at 42 yards. Lots more under 100 yards. Flawless. I'm going to bet I've killed more critters with this bullet than anyone here. Add my friends an family and.... These days I am shooting some copper. Not E-Tips though. I did use the E-Tip when the bullet first came out. Killed a bull, a couple antelope and a deer. No complaints. mtmuley

i really like the E-tips bullets but they don't shoot very well in my rifle. any suggestions on what to do?

just wondering I happened to thumbing through the cables flyer when I thought the deer looked familiar.

Attachments

• 15700624992706841492718994358410.jpg
    15700624992706841492718994358410.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
i really like the E-tips bullets but they don't shoot very well in my rifle. any suggestions on what to do?

Assuming you are reloading, play with the seating depth. I have a rifle that is a known shooter with the Barnes TTSX and went to E-Tips this year. Tried seating them with the same distance to the lands as the Barnes and they did not satisfy me. Seated them a little deeper until I hit the sweet spot and they did well. Took 3 antelope with them last week and they performed like I’m accustomed to with the Barnes. Small sample, but so far so good.

Assuming you are reloading, play with the seating depth. I have a rifle that is a known shooter with the Barnes TTSX and went to E-Tips this year. Tried seating them with the same distance to the lands as the Barnes and they did not satisfy me. Seated them a little deeper until I hit the sweet spot and they did well. Took 3 antelope with them last week and they performed like I’m accustomed to with the Barnes. Small sample, but so far so good.
Will try. Thanks

Etips shoot great in my 7mm-08. Took a pronghorn yesterday with it. Not a real long shot but great exit wound he might have ran 20 yards. Doesn’t tear up much meat. I like them so far.

Back