MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

E-Mail Viruses

P

pawclaws

Getting between three and five a day. I'm also receiving advisories and reject notices where my address has been used as the sender for e-mails containing virus attachments. So far I have been able to intercept and detect the text of all of these that I have been notified of and know that I do not have any of the recipients addresses in my e-mail address files. This means that someone who has my address in their files is infected with a virus. Check it out and scan it please. Norton has updated the virus scan every day for the past two weeks which is unusual. Normally they send updates about once a week. This would probably mean that there is increased virus activity. I added a program which will track a document to the source IPA and if the document is or contains a virus the ISP will normally agree to investigate the source of origination and turn their findings over to the Feds. Good idea to have such a program, especially if you should be intentionally targeted for whatever reason. So if anyone should have my e-mail address in their files please run your virus scan. If you receive an e-mail from me that is unexpected or looks suspicious; delete it immediately and advise me.

I've gotten several clever emails, claiming to be from the support staff at my company or from "administration" or "Support" at my ISP. Be careful! These are .pif, .exe or zip files, and are designed to fool the unwary into opening them, believing them to be important notices from the email provider, etc.

Never open a zip file that you did not download yourself or that you are not expecting. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back