Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Dura-Touch

Huntkook

Pulled my Browning PBS NWTF shotgun out of the gun safe and it had a tacky feel to it, so I called Browning. Long story short, there was a lawsuit filed against them. They have to fix, repair or replace either the stock or replace firearm with equal or greater value firearm. They sent me an email that day and the process started. Everything went smoothly until I received my shotgun back. Top picture is what I sent in bottom picture is what I got back. I called and talked to customer service who then transferred me to service. I explained the situation and all he would say is that they followed the parameters of the suit. Not a happy camper. You can see in the picture the sticker is the cheap one's that are sent with a membership package. Screenshot_20230202-095754_Chrome.jpg20230202_101051.jpg

Pulled my Browning PBS NWTF shotgun out of the gun safe and it had a tacky feel to it, so I called Browning. Long story short, there was a lawsuit filed against them. They have to fix, repair or replace either the stock or replace firearm with equal or greater value firearm. They sent me an email that day and the process started. Everything went smoothly until I received my shotgun back. Top picture is what I sent in bottom picture is what I got back. I called and talked to customer service who then transferred me to service. I explained the situation and all he would say is that they followed the parameters of the suit. Not a happy camper. You can see in the picture the sticker is the cheap one's that are sent with a membership package. View attachment 263271View attachment 263272
I'd peel the sticker off and call it good. mtmuley

My Winchester SX3 had the same issue. They sent me a new stock also.

No comment on the sticker, but I had mine replaced before the lawsuit so I felt good they were standing behind the product.

I wasn't disappointed in the process or the turnaround, it justed pissed me off that they thought the cheap sticker was a acceptable replacement for what was originally there.
Hard to tell from the photo "what was originally there." Was it painted on silk screen stencil? If that was the case you're probably better off with the sticker. It will last longer if you plan to hunt with the gun. Can you get a cap with the NWTF logo? That would be a better way to advertise your membership and the organization. You can wear the cap anywhere. The gun only comes out when hunting.

What was the recall about? Did you hunt with the shotgun while wearing bug dope? I understand that can make a mess of camo covered plastic stocks.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back