Duck decoys or geese shells

jnd1959

Looking for large or magnum floaters (mallards, pintails). I just need to replace about a dozen that I'm retiring. Will be hunting further north this year so some Canada shells are on my list as well.

Thanks

You may want to consider Canada Goose silhouette decoys instead of shells. Silos are much easier to transport, deploy, and pick up. My go-to decoys have been silos for over 15 years. They work !! I stack about 100 silos (home made) on a rack on the back of my ATV. I pull a Jet Sled with blind(s) and other gear. Totally portable in just about any mud conditions, and a light enough footprint that farmers have never not said no to me.

Thanks. I may consider them. We need to plan for both water and field. I was thinking I could use the shells in shallow water if I had to. Will silhouettes work in that situation?

Check Presleys Outdoors they are having there big waterfowl sale right now.

You may want to consider Canada Goose silhouette decoys instead of shells. Silos are much easier to transport, deploy, and pick up. My go-to decoys have been silos for over 15 years. They work !! I stack about 100 silos (home made) on a rack on the back of my ATV. I pull a Jet Sled with blind(s) and other gear. Totally portable in just about any mud conditions, and a light enough footprint that farmers have never not said no to me.
I use silhouette decoys amongst my spread. They give the appearance of movement as the geese fly by and the view changes.
I cut lengths of PVC pipe and shove the stakes inside to use over water. Just a thought...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking for silhouette decoys. May just make some this first time.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back