Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Dubya Exploits Dead WTC Victims for Re-Election

Bush adviser Karen Hughes defended the use of 9/11 imagery on Good Morning America, saying "All of us feel deeply that tragedy but it's also important to recognize the impact it had on our national public policy."

Of course this recognition does not extend to the war in Iraq, where the Bush administration has blocked all press coverage of flag-draped coffins. "We respect and protect their privacy diligently," Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman told USA Today on December 31. "We're going to do everything in our power to ensure reverence for their fallen loved one." Apparently reverence is a luxury this administration can't afford when Bush’s reelection is on the line.

Elk Gunner,
One point of clarification. The health care mess is not of Bush's doing. The true cost driver of health care costs in the past 8 years was Clintons bill, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountablility Act). This was passed in 1996 and implemented in 1997. Huge impact to all those large self funded corporations, Union and Municipal health plans, where millions get their health coverage, which were did not have to follow state mandated health insurance regs. basically HIPAA federalized small group reform which before generally only applied to groups of 3 to 25 employees. To lay it all at Bush's feet is letting Hillary and Bill and the Democrats off the hook. The best chance to really change our broken system of health care delivery was then when Clinton was popular now, there is no way the AMA, Insurance Companies and the Hospitals are going to go for a drastic change in the status quo.

I know you will still dislike Bush but at least you could quit with the red herrings and start a debate on concrete issues. :D :D :D
Nemont

Hey Nemont,

Thanks for keeping me straight on that one...

But still, should we give Dubya a free pass on problems he is not fixing? That was the point, there is more to the job than starting wars. My dams are still not breached... :mad:

And I actually want to like Dubya and vote for him again. I am just dissappointed in his "steady leadership" that keeps taking us down the wrong roads.... :(

Those damn dams are going to be the death of you; also the ranchers only pay slightly more for all that cheap grazing ya keep griping about. If you want to insure that all the "welfare ranchers" go out of business elect Kerry. Problem is all ranchers may go out of business as well.
Nemont

I can't find a Kerry promise that would end grazing on Public Lands. :confused: I did find Kocinich making the promise. :cool: (And nothing from Sharpton)
shhh.gif

How would all ranchers go out of business? If some leave the business (likely thru a buy-out), then it raises prices for the remaining producers, resulting in stronger producers who utilize private pastures.

And did you just let loose another "red herring"? ;)

Nemont, "If you want to insure that all the "welfare ranchers" go out of business elect Kerry. Problem is all ranchers may go out of business as well."

If all the welfare ranchers go out of business the effect would be tiny. I'm having a hard time figuring out why all the other ranchers would go out of business. Can you explain why?

Ithaca,
I guess I should state that is my opinion.(and you know what they say about opinions). Anyway don't like his politics and won't vote for him. That is just my opinion.
Nemont

Smoke screen???
Cali,
I don't know that because a Firefighter is a "liberal" is a reason to send them into a burning builidng with less than adequate equipment....
EG, are you saying that they collected up all the firefighting gear when JR was elected, and only gave half of it back? Is that what you're trying to lead others to believe? :(
I will pick my canidate before the election, but your whining (pseudo-intellectual whining) wont effect that choice. ;)

Back