Dual use tripod recommendations

jnagel32

I bought my wife a nice Canon DSLR a few years ago for Christmas. She said she would like a decent tripod for it and she doesn't care if I use it for my western hunting trips. Can you guys give me some recommendations on a good lightweight tripod that could handle the DSLR and also a 15-45x65 spotting scope. Not looking to break the bank, but willing to spend $200 or so if it is good quality and relatively light. My knowledge on tripods is pretty limited so any insight would be appreciated.

Lightweight, Sturdy, Cheap. Pick 2 out of the 3 for that price range.

Do you already have a tripod head?

Lightweight, Sturdy, Cheap. Pick 2 out of the 3 for that price range.

Do you already have a tripod head?

No I don't have a head either. Is lightweight and sturdy doable for the $200 range or are we looking at considerably more?

This would probably work

I am using a Sirui but can't remember the model off the top of my head. Give CameralandNY a call they had excellent pricing that put it close to the $200 mark with a rebate.

I was looking heavy at a Sirui but ended up with an Innorel RT80C. It's a bowl top which was what I decided I liked over the Sirui. It's been very reliable and sturdy so far.

Sirui ET-1204 Carbon Fiber Tripod is what I have and I have and I think it would serve you well. I paid less than $200 and there is a thread over on Rokslide where a dealer/member will sell them to Rokslide members for somewhere around $160 I think through the rest of the year (I think). All I know is that he is offering a heck of a deal for this tripod.

This would probably work

We have two of these. Very good tripods for the money. If you do buy it, you can save an additional 10% at check out by using promo code RANDY.

I'm not sure light weight and sturdy belong in the same sentence! If you do get a light weight one I might suggest you set it up so you can hang extra weight underneath it. Does a good job of steadying a tripod.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back