Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

DSLR with Video Capabilities?

I have a Nikon D5600 and use it mostly for video, but take quite a few photos as well. As other have said Nikon AF isn't the greatest, but I use MF or the tap focus mostly. It does take good low light photos IMO.
Here you can see some of the Video/photos (obviously some are shot via drone or Gopro) with it...
Northwoods Life Facebook

Just posting a couple from my recent trip to Italy. I'm happy with how they turned out and love the low light pictures with the Sigma lens! Hopefully I'll have some wildlife pictures in the near future.

Attachments

• DSC03471.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC03923.jpg
    DSC03923.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 18
I am in the market for a new camera. Mis placed the last one. No I did not leave it out on the trail. It came home w/ me but dam if I can find it. I want one with better pic quality and ability to take a short video.
After reading thru the thread you guys have got me all confused. I usually take Fin's suggestions but am not ready to drop a grand+ on an a6500. Was thinking more in the $500 range. Also was looking for something
that fit into the bino case lower pocket like the Canon did. But maybe that's a tall order.
Suggestions tht fit that price range?
Much appreciated

We went with a Nikon B500 after our last camera was stolen. Only problem with it is that they do not do well in low light situations. JMHO

I have to say something about better picture quality. I suspect with most name brand DSLR's today you gonna get quality in line with your own ability. People talk about thing's like this in relation to lot's of different thing's but these thing's are all just a tool and it's not the tool, it's the mechanic! Used to be a guy on another hunting site in the photo section that was/is a Tamron Rep. People can say what they want about after market len's but this guy took photo's to die for and did it with Tamron lens. Funny thing, I bought one of those Tamron's and his photo's look a lot better than mine!

Back