Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

DRT muzzleloader bullets

VAspeedgoat

I was in my local gun shop stocking up for muzzleloader season when I came upon 170 gr sabots from DRT. Dynamic research technologies. What drew me to it is the light weight of the bullets which I am hoping helps my son. I am hoping that the light bullet reduces recoil and increases speed so the bullet expands correctly. At light loads we have had poor bullet performance.....thank goodness he can shoot well. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this company or its bullets. I am leary of things that seem too good to be true. Thanks for any thoughts.

I have never shot 170's but I do shoot 250's with two 60gr Triple Seven Magnum pellets. The result is milder recoil than the 150gr magnum loads and my gun shot tighter groups. I think the velocity was still about 2,000 fps.

I shot these for years.

http://www.muzzleloadingbullets.com/QT-Muzzleloading-Bullets-s/1833.htm

I was shooting the 180 grain bullets with the blue tips. I had great luck with them. I went away from them for two reason, I used to be able to get them locally and they quit carrying them and I bought a scope dialed to 100 grains of powder with a 250grain bullet.

I had great luck with them when I shot them. My boys have killed 3 deer between the two of them with 50grains of 777 and 250 grain Hornady SST.

The last one didn't bleed much, it just poked a hole through both lungs. The deer only went 80 yards but we got lucky that my older boy found a spec of blood, it was his brother deer. If it wasn't for that the deer would have died 50 yards from my truck in CRP and we may have never found it.

I switched this year to the Hornaday XTP. I killed a doe with one last week. She was blowing out chunks of lungs, It helps that I clipped a rib going in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back