Yeti GOBOX Collection

Drought for the west

2 new fires this morning in SW NM.
Turkey fire east of Reserve,400 ac. Bear trap in Magdalena Mtns. 300 ac.
Blew all night and blowing this morning.
Central & northern fires doubled in size over the weekend. More villages around Las Vegas under evac orders, Las Vegas proper now too.
Winds all week again and no rain in sight.

Praying these fires don't continue getting out of hand. That's scary stuff.

I suppose on the bright side, we got another half-inch of water in Central Wyoming last night. I am hoping parts of this state, and probably areas of our neighbors to the north and east will be really near lifted out of official drought when the monitor report comes out this Thursday.

Supposed to get an inch of rain in the valley and snow up high tonight and tomorrow. Things have definitely improved, but like a friend at work always says, we are always only 10 days away from a drought in MT.

I am not a scientist but in my 67 years I have seen fires grow more frequent over the same ground across the west.
Recovery after fires has changed. Intensity over the ground.
I have noticed tree regenerations change. I see fewer ponderosas and conifers emerge and more pinion, juniper, scrubs and grass.
Very few ponderosa and conifers sprouting after fires. On the edge of the forest in particular.

Any one else notice this change?

Drill Baby Drill is the cause.

Effect of fossil fuels and the refusal to reduce use at all - Planet will likely be uninhabitable in 100 years.

No one can develop a GMO adaptable tree strains for the earth that don't have a downside. But you can get a fake burger. Wrapped in plastic.

I am not a scientist but in my 67 years I have seen fires grow more frequent over the same ground across the west.
Recovery after fires has changed. Intensity over the ground.
I have noticed tree regenerations change. I see fewer ponderosas and conifers emerge and more pinion, juniper, scrubs and grass.
Very few ponderosa and conifers sprouting after fires. On the edge of the forest in particular.

Any one else notice this change?
There was a lot out there two or three years ago about forests not regenerating after fire.

Back