Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Drew Wyoming Area 100

trouthunterdj

Hello all, my Dad who is 72 burned all of his points and drew a Wyoming Area 100 bull tag. I am starting to do research and am looking for any tips to make this a successful hunt. We aren’t looking for a monster but just a respectable bull. It will be a 3 generation hunt with my son being along for the memories as well. Feel free to drop me a private message and I hope I can post pictures this fall.
Thanks in advance

You won’t have trouble finding elk anywhere in 100. Spend as much time as you can and enjoy hunting elk in some really cool wide open country.

That’s awesome. Congrats! Would love to hear about it!!!

There is a bunch of info on the interweb about unit 100. Just google Wyoming area 100 elk and you’ll have hours and hours of data to process.

I found most of the elk in the north end of the unit when my father had the tag. Don't think of this as a elk tag, think of it as a antelope tag. The sagebrush can get real tall in the washes and the elk will be hiding in them. The only other advice I can give you is take your time, glass and have a good time.

Rich

Congrats on the tag! Really hope you share stories and pics after the hunt.

Thank for the info guys. I put my Dad in for this area due to the more antelope type country. I didn't expect that it could be a hunt for a trophy bull. May have to rethink our strategy. Thank again, this is a great group and forum.

My curiosity is piqued about the portion of the Farson-Eden irrigation district within Area 100. This small 'unit-within-a-unit' has land statistics that aren't adequately represented by Unit 100. However, it looks like a super high portion is private (approximately 99%).

I'm planning a DIY hunt for some elder baby-boomers trying to burn points, so any help is greatly appreciated:

1. I checked migration corridors for all periods; they show that elk do not pass through here at all. Conversely, this teeny-tiny area has nice harvest rates. Is this a winter feed ground that's not looped within state migration maps or are the elk fenced in for people wanting to pay to hunt at a petting zoo?
  2. Does a resident elk herd live there or do they have a general migration pattern that I can plan for?
  3. In reviewing land ownership maps, some areas have BOR (Bureau of Reclamation) land that overlaps Private (gray shading over clear/white shading). Is this like an access point for public land hunters? See screenshot below with owner names scribbled out: 1624832489891.png
  4. Lastly, please share any etiquette tips you have as I start to reach out to landowners for permission to hunt their pivots.

Most all elk in 100 are resident...they live in the red desert. And except for a few over by Green River, those pivots by Farson/Eden are the only irrigated agriculture in the unit. So the lopers and elk flock to them and they have created this hunt to provide some pressure relief on that area.

Reactions: JAG
does anyone on this thread have experience with the farsen eden special tag?if so, how did it go

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ksexton22
Back