Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Drew Valle Videl archery! Need help on unit info

schmalts

I never set foot in this unit. Have any of you ever drawn this tag? How much are horses recommended? What kind of terrain? Any good areas? Any help is appreciated. I will try to contact a F&G guy to see if they know anything.

I wish you the best of luck...

Congratulations Schmalts, I think thats one of the hardest New Mexico tags to draw !
If I were you, I'd consider a packing service, or a drop camp. Still do it you self, but with horses to carry the load.

Congrats Schmalts. We hunted the Valle Vidal a few years ago. My son drew a bull tag. We got into big bulls two time and both times other hunters messed it up for us. I can give you some information but to much to but on the forum. We did receive information from outfitters prior to the hunt. By the way the Valle Vidal is considered to be the best area in NM second only to the new Valle Caldera hunts.

Good advice A-con........so is that what you are doing?..........goingwith a professional packing service?

Originally posted by Deerslayer:
so is that what you are doing?..........goingwith a professional packing service?
when did i ever say i was hunting with Moosie???
No, I am not going with anyone but my hunting bud, no horses, no packing service, no drop camp. Just a heavy pack and a lot of ambition and pride to do it alone. If we kill something way back we know where to find a horse to get it out. I may get a mountain bike in ABQ when i get there though.

Back