Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Drew for Nevada

backcountry_sassn

GoHunt and Top Rut both showed I had over 80% chance for my deer and elk choices this season so I planned my other applications around that. I almost just bought a point for antelope since I knew I wanted to use any time from home or work to be for elk, and the deer hunting unit I apply for is in my back yard. Instead I swung for the fences and applied for the toughest to draw tag in the state and one other unit I've driven through every time I cow elk hunt and always see big bucks but still only had a 9.7% chance. Haha well Nevada is known to disappoint and surprise and I got both. My first thought was I accidentally bought a buck point and applied for a doe tag, then I thought I must have messed up on my choices, but the truth was i drew my second choice and didn't expect it haha. I know no hunt is easy, but I think we can agree that antelope is a pretty stress free hunt. My 5 year old is pretty excited to be able to go on a hunt with me. Now I just have to get the 7mm08 dialed in and watch all Randys antelope hunts again while I wait for August to get here.

Last edited:
I find antelope hunting to be fun and relaxing and you get to look over a lot of animals. You can make it as fun or as difficult as you want.

Back