Drew a Tag!!!!

WOW! you guys drew a tough tag. Good luck.

When I was a kid there were deer every where. However, the state has disban the government trappers and the drought has taken its toll. Its super hard to find decent bucks and deer in general. I may have grown up in the area but its not an area I will try and get another tag in any time soon.

hunt the tree lines east of panama ranch. yes, queens still has some deer but its tough over there. Stay away from mckitrick (sp?) canyon as the numbers are so low there its no fun. if you are familiar with the crockett ranch around hope then thats where the larger bucks are but they stay mostly on private.

If anyone remembers who Preston Means was from about 30 years back then thats where the few remaining decent bucks are left. I could definitely pull decent bucks out of there but thats only because I grew up there. TBH, that unit needs closed for a few years, lions need killed off and predators need brought under control. Its not a unit that really should be hunted.

WOW! you guys drew a tough tag. Good luck.

When I was a kid there were deer every where. However, the state has disban the government trappers and the drought has taken its toll. Its super hard to find decent bucks and deer in general. I may have grown up in the area but its not an area I will try and get another tag in any time soon.

hunt the tree lines east of panama ranch. yes, queens still has some deer but its tough over there. Stay away from mckitrick (sp?) canyon as the numbers are so low there its no fun. if you are familiar with the crockett ranch around hope then thats where the larger bucks are but they stay mostly on private.

If anyone remembers who Preston Means was from about 30 years back then thats where the few remaining decent bucks are left. I could definitely pull decent bucks out of there but thats only because I grew up there. TBH, that unit needs closed for a few years, lions need killed off and predators need brought under control. Its not a unit that really should be hunted.
I have heard the same. Thank you for the info. Will definitely use it. We knew it was going to be tuff. But certainly not afraid to walk the miles to look for one.

I'm thinking it will be as tough as unit 18. I did however see tons of hunters getting their deer checked near Carlsbad for CWD. So I have hope for a good hunt.

I'm thinking it will be as tough as unit 18. I did however see tons of hunters getting their deer checked near Carlsbad for CWD. So I have hope for a good hunt.
We hunted unit 52 a few years back. Gorgeous country. But was a tuff hunt with a whole lot more elevation. I am hopeful that with some time in the field and some blind luck we may just get lucky lol!

Finally lucky enough after four years of striking out, drew a Unit 30 NM archery mule deer tag! Haven’t got a clue about the unit but will sure be ready when the hunt gets here! Good luck to everyone and hope y’all are lucky enough to draw!
My stepson drew youth rifle tag for unit 30.

Congrats! I still haven't been lucky enough to draw any deer tags in NM yet. Have gotten elk twice, so I can't complain but being from PA I miss smackin deer

I also drew an FAD tag in unit 30. Looking forward to spending time out there gathering info in the coming months. Best of luck.

Man I wished I didn't have to wait to June to see what I drew for Wyoming resident. Buck fever don't wait that long.
You know, it's the anticipation that really gets the imagination going! You start thinking about the possibilities and imagining every step of the hunt. This is the exciting part! It's like the run up to Christmas but with a very real possibility of getting coal in your stocking!

Finally lucky enough after four years of striking out, drew a Unit 30 NM archery mule deer tag! Haven’t got a clue about the unit but will sure be ready when the hunt gets here! Good luck to everyone and hope y’all are lucky enough to draw!
Congrat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back