Drew a once in a lifetime ND Bull elk tag

NDhunter43

So I drew a once in a lifetime ND Bull elk tag for ND elk unit E2. Plan to hunt near the little Missouri River. My goal it to shoot a nice bull with my bow. That would cross two things off my bucket list a really nice bull, and an archery elk. If anyone has any advice or potential hunting spots would be much appreciated.

BAKPAKR

So I drew a once in a lifetime ND Bull elk tag for ND elk unit E2. Plan to hunt near the little Missouri River. My goal it to shoot a nice bull with my bow. That would cross two things off my bucket list a really nice bull, and an archery elk. If anyone has any advice or potential hunting spots would be much appreciated.
I think @NDGuy was hunting just below your unit last year. He might be able to help you.

Benjamins

I got my elk E2 elk tag about 12 years ago. I just knocked on a few doors a few months ahead of season and got on some land just north of the killdeer mountains. The guy hadn't been back there in months so he had no idea if the elk were there. Rifle opener I go back in his pasture, spot the heard within 20 minutes and had my bull down within another 20. Scored 345. Was so easy I almost felt bad. It doesn't go like this for everyone but there are some monster bulls in that unit.

NDGuy

Congrats and best of luck on your tag. BakPakr is right I had a tag last year and took a nice bull. I'll tell you one thing is to enjoy every minute of it. You don't know if you will be hunting all season or done in the first hour of the first day.

From what I know not many worth a shit are out archery hunting so if you scout and hunt hard you should be in a good place to have opportunity at some nice bulls. The guy that shot the state record awhile back killed his bull in E2. I had the tag for E4/E3 so didn't hunt up in E2 but from everything I know or read sticking near the river is your best bet. I will hit you up if I get any info that could help.

Going4MuleDeer

@NDGuy I was fortunate enough to draw an Any Elk tag in unit E3 this year and I was wondering if you had any advice/ areas that would be worthwhile to checkout. I am going scouting this weekend but am having trouble finding elk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DS51