Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Drew a Kansas elk tag!

Thanks for the offer guys! I may take you up on that come later in the season.

Scouted most the day today. Wow this place is big. 77,000 huntable acres. Managed very well. Has 30-40 food plots that are planted beans, corn, milo. Access is good, but not too good. Still plenty of land to get by yourself. To get onto base is kinda a hassle, you have to check in and get a background check and redo it every 7 days. Once you have your 7 day pass you can come and go as you please. Have to do the same with firearms except I have to re-check those every 3 days. Lots of "tank crossing" signs and random fake Iraqi villages that they train in haha. So it will be interesting. I'm not allowed to use an Iraqi village as a blind... I asked.

A few 350"+ bulls. the herd is pushing 300 elk according to game wardens. I will be ineligible to draw a tag again for 5 years, if you draw a bull tag you're done for life.

They allow you to take a vehicle off road to retrieve downed game. Clutch... Because I was not expecting to go elk hunting this year therefor I am not in elk shape ha.

If you want any information about Fort Riley I was stationed there for several years and helped several guys get elk. I never drew the tag but I was always around them.

Awesome! Congrats, on the draw. Maybe one of these years I'll draw as well, good luck!

KDWP posted some pictures today on Facebook of them riding around in a helicopter around Ft. Riley which is where my elk tag is for. I've scouted a few times and just waiting for December to role around so I can go chase some!

Figured I would share... going to be weird hunting with helicopters over head, tanks, and afghany villages.

Elk.jpg

heli1.jpg

Heli.jpg

Iraq.jpg

Lake.jpg

trees.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter