Yeti GOBOX Collection

Doves

I'm not sure if I like dove hunting more/less than big game hunting. Anyway, I am definitely going out opening weekend. The birds back home are usually hit or miss (most of the time miss) which gives us a chance to drink a couple of cold ones!!!!!!

Anyways, the thing that really sucks is I live inside the city limits and there are a ton of birds, I head outta town and the well dries up....

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

JimmyD WorthlessNut and me we live in the city to and it sux but we try to get out to open land as often as we can.

Well, the sun the star and the moon all lined up this past weekend. Talk about getting into the birds, did we ever. I had my limit of birds on Saturday before the sun was all the way up. Gave me enough time the rest of the day to watch some football. We ended up waking up the next morning and doing it again. I haven't been in hunting that good in a bunch of years.

The problem is that my shoulder is mush now, at least for a couple of days.

How'd ya'll end up doing????

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hey Nut how did you do yesterday,we had 18 geese turn into the dekes but a guy that was fishing in a boat caused them to flair off.Got to the dove field and was already cut off on the flight path where they enter the field ,got two shots no birds and cut out early.Gonna it a private farm in the morning ,hope to do a little better.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03 September 2001 20:21: Message edited by: spotteddog ]</font>

Do ya'll hunt public land when your dove hunting???? It almost sounds like a cluster_____...... When the birds are flying good down here we like to get as many safe hunters in the field as we can to keep the birds moving, but most of the time everyone knows everyone and we don't usually let invite the unsafies to come out.

I tried to hunt a public land once while I was in school and damn near got my a$$ blown off. Lesson learned.....

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I like to dove shoot, however I dont go much anymore cause I am tired of being shot,I understand That I am not allowed to shoot back(sucks).. If I do go its late in the season when the opening week wakos are done,and its a long way from the city.The first year we bought our house in north phx I used to walk across the street and shoot them. Heck the year befor our house was built I used to shoot them in the field where our house was built. Now I have to drive 2-3 hours to get away from people to hunt them..

Delw

Down here you can get on a day lease for about $50/day, but that's pretty darn steep in my mind to go and shoot 12 birds. We always head back home, but like you it's about 1 1/2 hours away.

We drive 2 hours to hunt dove. but it is worth it just to see the boys hunt for them. with all 5 of us we can take 60 so the drive is not to bad.

Back