Double Fun!

DRAFTSTUD

Sunday, I carried my son Travis (15) and Grandson Mike (14) hunting at our lease north of Shreveport. We are trying to reduce the Does on our lease to help build on the future, as they are stunted bodywise. Back to the story...Travis called and asked if I had seen anything and I told him to hunt a little longer as I thought the deer would move Mid-Morning after the Frost burned off. About 10:00 I looked down my right side of my food plot and saw a young doe, what we are trying to shoot...so I shot it! Travis calls and asked if I had got one, Yeah, Hold on, I see another Deer! A spike is walking out in the cutover in front of my stand, so I shot at it. Travis (Who has had a bummer of a year) wants to come over and help check on the deer in the cutover. Fine, come on over and we'll look together. As we are looking Travis turns and there 20 paces away is the Spike I shot at! It turns and runs down a dirt road, Travis bleated at it and it turned broadside...Boom..Splat! Double the Fun! He was really pumped! John (Sorry no pictures) :D

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back