PEAX Equipment

Dogs life

hank4elk

OK. It's off your rocker season.
Observation.

Watching the news and all the homes lost in fires and folks cold and homeless now. I watch.

Then the story of a home that slid down a hill. The home destroyed. The family searches for their dog,lost . A week goes by.
Then today someones hears something,a whine. SAR goes all in, and they bring out the dog, alive. I watch, and start crying.
Am I a heartless bastard? I feel more for animals than people.

Our kids our grown up and have had dogs for years . I always tell my wife I hate our dogs but to be honest they are just like our kids. Really I think they are more spoiled.

Only cried at my Grandpas & parents funerals. Shed a tear when John Prine died.
But every pet I was the one who took care of things.Every one was tough.

I've always wondered about myself. I can read about or see all kinds of human tragedy or triumph and feel absolutely nothing emotionally. See some story about a dog and I get all teary eyed. I was surprised though when I heard about the fires in Colorado. I got all emotional for a moment. I guess it was some kinda phycological BS from having gone through the same thing myself just over a year ago. I figure I will get over it in time and go back to not caring.

Maybe that's it.
My life & jobs have been a mission.
Get the patrol back,all of them. Get the house done in time for the owner. Get the family back to the dock safely during a thunderstorm. Get this gal with broken bones off the mountain.
Wake up and do it again. I may have swore I would do it,but that was the mission.
And. You can't save them all.

Now the pets, I made a personal promise to take care of them. The chicken in the coop. That I can do something about. Lesson from mom.

Sitting in the dark, early morning. Only sound is Rio alternating snores & sighs. How does that guy roll into a ball and wait in the drivers seat? He is taking up the whole couch.
Made him a promise that day. He was not going to live in this slammer. I would have his back. He would have a home to roam free. Food every morning with fresh water.

Just to let you know. I did not cry at the Wall. I broke down. They made it back,but I could not save them.

An old salty dogs thoughts. Off your rocker season...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back