Dog Treats

Birddy

With the opening of waterfowl today in ND, it got me thinking. I have a year old dog that is learning to hunt. I shoot plenty of waterfowl to eat for myself and make a lot of jerky. That made we think that I could make some extremely lean and healthy dog treats by just slicing and dehydrating waterfowl. I am not trying to be wasteful with the birds. I eat everything i shoot, but with the price of dog chews why not make my own? Has any body ever tried this? The only thing that makes me nervous is the chance of BB's in the meat. Any other thoughts on this?

Browndog the other night ate a pigeon like I eat meat:eek: and he's never done that before so I think you should try pigeon treats. Could be the next big thing:) Good luck with the treat idea. Was hunting good?

Yes hunting was good yesterday and today. I took my 10 month old yellow lab and my girlfriend out hunting. Lots of misses and laughs, dog did very well yesterday and was kind of a pain in the butt today. Over all, i think the summer training stuck well

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back