MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Dog Breeders

Trailsend

Going to be getting a new dog in the next year or so. It will either be a GWP or a GSP. Who are some good breeders in the Dakota/Minnesota/Iowa area? Or even a little further out. I don’t mind small breeders that are more locally known either. More interested in the dogs along the NAVHDA type than the field trial type. Or just guys that breed dogs to flat out hunt!

Krystal Creek Kennels in Wisconsin. I got my six year old gsp from them and he's been a great dog, despite my lack of training knowledge when I got him. The Harmyer family was great to deal with.
Mountains Fury in New York. My two year old is from them, and he's shaping up to be very promising. The Bordwells were also great to deal with.
Both of these kennels are NAVHDA affiliated.

Work backward from dogs yoi like to find the specific cross that produces them.

If you’re looking for a GWP’s, I’d recommend taking a look at Bissel Grade Gundogs in Wisconsin. https://www.bisselgradekennels.com/

He’s a small breeder generally making one litter a year. With top-notch dogs and a incredible trainer himself. He puts a strong emphasis on researching each dog and breeding for the betterment of the breed. A super dedicated hunter as well.

I found him while researching a stud for my older female. I ended up buying a puppy from him and couldn’t be happier. She is three years old now and an incredible dog. Definitely has more talent and ability than I can capitalize on. I’ll be getting another pup from one of his breedings in 2025.
Chase

Thanks guys, I haven’t been involved with NAVHDA for awhile so haven’t really seen other dogs and then find breeders as howl recommended.

I wouldn’t have an issue with a Draht either.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back