PEAX Equipment

Dog bed?

My pillow sells dog beds. We got one for our lab. She’s 9 months old now and it’s still intact.

I'm also looking for a good bed. I use moose antler chews n other dog toys, Kong, to reduce bordom. I also believe that a padded bed helps dogs hips age better. Especially dogs with know hip problems. Working dogs. Our chessy does pretty good.
Even if we have to buy a few pads. Vet bills and a dog that has hip or other bone fatigue I much more expensive. We also feed higher quality dog food. Science diet has a blend that seems good. Less shedding also. A good blend of dog food is important to long term health need for bones. No table scraps, none. I feel it leads to dogs that feel that the garbage is there food. Not good
Just trying to give her the best opportunity to stay strong, active and friendly. Dogs that hurt can have anger issues, bad around kids. This is our grandsons dog. And our responsibility to help her stay healthy n happy.
Good bed for the bones, good balanced diet. Happy healthy dog

Reactions: Hem
One of mine used to do this. I just got to the point of putting blankets for a bed. She didnt chew them up. I also have on of those hammock style beds that are elevated. Nothing to chew up, but not made for a crate either.

Good suggestions. Thanks all.
I am liking the platform option.
I'm not making my dogs sleep on a cold slab.

One of mine used to do this. I just got to the point of putting blankets for a bed. She didnt chew them up. I also have on of those hammock style beds that are elevated. Nothing to chew up, but not made for a crate either.
Ruby also likes a blanket, she will hold it between her paws but not chew up. For throw toys outdoors a good old stick. She WILL find it. Oops got to talking dogs n couldn't stop. Hey man I'll own it

Rio has gone through one giant one, I dropped a bigger puffy one in it and so far it has lasted.
He does the round and round and fall down. I'm on the look out for another couch....LOL
Lots of surplus blankets.

Pretty sure those that keep their dogs outside year round on a chain around here are publickans ...hard likes for their dogs, no love.

Rio has gone through one giant one, I dropped a bigger puffy one in it and so far it has lasted.
He does the round and round and fall down. I'm on the look out for another couch....LOL
Lots of surplus blankets.

Pretty sure those that keep their dogs outside year round on a chain around here are publickans ...hard likes for their dogs, no love.
My dogs have it golden. Plenty of fenced field. Accesible kennel inside the garage.
I don't understand the lack of gratitude sometimes 🙂....

My dogs have it golden. Plenty of fenced field. Accesible kennel inside the garage.
I don't understand the lack of gratitude sometimes 🙂....
Rio has 140 acres and tons of rabbits. A pile of bones. I spoiled him. He is most grateful.

The biggest scam in dog ownership is dog beds. Get you an old crib mattress, throw some sheets on that bad boy (the mattress not the dog), and toss it in a corner.

The last mattress I got was free off a neighborhood page. Lady just said she wanted it used for a baby. Didn’t specify what species and I didn’t tell. Have also seen them driving past yard sales. Most are waterproof for easy clean up of messes. For whatever reason my dogs think they are on a human mattress and don’t dare mess around for fear of being kicked off.

Even new I think I’ve seen them for around $80, compared to a dog bed of the same size/style/quality and it’s a huge savings.

Rio has 140 acres and tons of rabbits. A pile of bones. I spoiled him. He is most grateful.
My two DO contribute along the same lines. The elderly couple across the road adore the cute bunnies. My side of the road rabbits are prey and vermin. My male gwp helps me on this regard...one day he dismantled a nicely stacked cord of wood. He will routinely stand like a statue over a gopher hole until he nails the little bugger....once for almost 3 hours.
So yeah, I willingly replace dogbeds.

My two DO contribute along the same lines. The elderly couple across the road adore the cute bunnies. My side of the road rabbits are prey and vermin. My male gwp helps me on this regard...one day he dismantled a nicely stacked cord of wood. He will routinely stand like a statue over a gopher hole until he nails the little bugger....once for almost 3 hours.
So yeah, I willingly replace dogbeds.
Rio eats them on the spot. It is his wolf side or something.
He has pits out there from looking for gophers, kangaroo rats, chipmunks, .......anything. I told him at least I don't have to dig his grave.

For our dogs in the garage I throw straw down for this exact reason. They don't shred things in the house but left in the kennel with a dog door into part of the garage they have shredded beds and carpet remnants. The straw seems to be working well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back