Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Does Dropping Babies!

WyoDoug

I am seeing a lot like this when I go on base for any reason. This is not my image but I want to kind of show what I saw. The antelope herd on base seems to be healthy with minimal winter kill. I have been fighting the flu bug for last couple weeks but as soon as I am 100%, I plan on making a scouting trip or two to my hunt area and see what I find. Right now I am seeing some does with fawns along with bucks starting to grow horns back.

fewarrenantelope.gif

Last edited:
Buck growing antlers in our yard today. No fawn sightings anywhere yet

It is early. Late May to early June is when I usually see fawns. As I said in my post, I am seeing fawns on base only. None in the herd that hangs on Terry Bison Ranch or along I-25. I doubt if I would see any in the more open areas. And usually when they are dropped early, there is something wrong but the ones I saw seemed to be healthy.

And before the lurkers chime in, the image comes from a friend on FE Warren. I was on base for medical appointment and did not have my camera with me and my cell takes awful images. Never did say it was my own image but wanted something that showed what I was seeing.

Last edited:
Buck growing antlers in our yard today. No fawn sightings anywhere yet
I saw two bucks near Crow Creek in town feeding. They looked really dark almost like elk. No fawns on deer. Those are hard to locate in the first place. It's nice to see them moving around again.

I am seeing a lot like this when I go on base for any reason. The antelope herd on base seems to be healthy with minimal winter kill. I have been fighting the flu bug for last couple weeks but as soon as I am 100%, I plan on making a scouting trip or two to my hunt area and see what I find. Right now I am seeing plenty of does with fawns along with bucks starting to grow horns back.

Looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Fighting robins building nests on our spot lights and getting dive bombed when we get too close too. Definite sign spring is here.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back