diy hawaii

utahgun t

I know you guys have talked about this before. I'm going to Maui at the end of june and was wondering if there was any diy hunting on maui or lanai during this time?

is this guided or diy? and is this bow or rifle hunt? sorry I've never been to Hawaii but thought it would be a sweet trip to hang with wife but split and hunt a day or two.

is this guided or diy? and is this bow or rifle hunt? sorry I've never been to Hawaii but thought it would be a sweet trip to hang with wife but split and hunt a day or two.
All of the above are available you will need to call the hunting company on lana'i to arrange anything. I'd do diy animals everywhere on that island. Axis and Mouflon sheep. Several threads here use the search function it's your friend.

Send me a message with your email and I'll get you some I do when I get a chance.

I am really wanting to get back there the next year or two. Hunting in paradise. Axis meat is awesome table fare.

sorry if I'm asking too many questions. so Im good with archery equipment. I'm going to be their june 22-28. so I will need to take the fairy from maui. Is there special rules I need to follow and does anyone know what it cost to hunt lanai? thanks for everyone's help so far.

Been hunting the islands for decades but for the first time last Nov I hunted upland birds in Kona.
Until I run out of elk, deer, antelope, and bear meat, I will keep going back for upland birds. Next Nov will be on Kauai.
I have no room or need for more venison. Although I did apply for elk in AZ.

I have had great luck with locals helping out as far as the public land goes and some areas with a trespass fee on Maui with Axis. Definitely a target rich environment on Maui. If you have any questions just shoot me a message.

Been hunting the islands for decades but for the first time last Nov I hunted upland birds in Kona.
Until I run out of elk, deer, antelope, and bear meat, I will keep going back for upland birds. Next Nov will be on Kauai.
I have no room or need for more venison. Although I did apply for elk in AZ.
I dated a local girl for a number of years. Her folks had acreage surrounded by Parker Ranch, (big island) we would fly over three or four times a year. Pheasants were as big as turkey and abundant, so too were the Francolin. Pigs goats and deer as well. Great hunting.

Hey buddy just got back from over there in February. You can do both rifle and archery. Just watch the regs on Maui cause they can have weird days you can hunt and every area is different.

I have chased goats and pigs in Kauai twice. I was blown away how helpful the local biologist has been so I'd encourage you to take the time to connect there. I hunted some very rugged county called the Waimea Canyon and it was a great adventure. I had no problem getting into animals. However, I had a couple of shot situations where I would not have been able to recover the animal (very cliffy) so I passed on the shots.

I echo what was said about the hunting dates and days. Also I believe there are some hoops to jump through to get your firearm on the islands. I also had to purchase an archery stamp in person which was sort of a pain to schedule in. However, none of that is as remotely as challenging as say figuring out how the Montana big game draw works ;).

Hawaii hunting is truly one of the more undiscovered gems out there!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back