DixieLady's Beef or Deer Roast

DixieLady

DixieLady's Beef or Deer Roast

- 1 roast ( beef or deer ) 3-lbs..
- beef broth - 2 cans
- soy sauce - 2 tablespoons
- olive oil and garlic powder
- large roasting pan with lid ( oven proof )
- onions - ( white or yellow ) 2 peeled and cut into wedges.
- potatoes - 8-10 washed, ( you can leave the peel on or peel off, whichever you prefer ) then cut into quarters.
- carrots - 1 Lb. - whole baby carrots or if you use large carrots cut them in halves.

1. rub the roast with enough olive oil to cover and then rub on enough garlic powder to cover.
2. place roast in large roasting pan.
3. in a boiler - heat together the beef broth and soy sauce.
4. add the onions, potatoes and carrots to roasting pan - ( arranging them around the roast )
5. pour the heated beef broth/soy sauce over the roast and veggies.
6. cover the top of roaster with heavy-duty foil and then place oven-proof lid on top.
7. bake in 350°F oven for 1½ to 2 hours or until roast is done and veggies are cooked.

Very Tasty, the better half takes it one step further, she takes one of those injection needles and every so often injects the juices back into the roast. Thanks, John

Just cooked a beef roast yesterday using same recipe above, However I used a sirloin tip beef roast and was no need to worry about the tenderness and being juicy enough at all. The only time I have had a beef roast not turn out tender and juicy was when cooking a rump roast. With all the deer roast I have cooked using same recipe so far, they have all been tender and juicy. Now when I bake a turkey that's when I use an injector.... wish I could bake a turkey the way my grandma used to bake them. They always turned out just right :)
Thanks Draftstud for replying back. Have a nice day and if you go turkey hunting this season wish you all the best.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back