Dilemmas...dilemmas

Wild Bob

I have a choice to make, and being a naturally indecisive type guy (only about some things, I learned a long time ago that the dog that stopped to take a shit missed the rabbit...) so I thought I'd throw this out there to chance and see what everyone else would choose. So here is my dilemma:

Going muley hunting in October...I have three rifles to choose from, since I like to take one as a back-up, that leaves one back home in the cabinet. Which two would you take (I'll offer a little info on each one as it relates to me)?

1) My old faithful, my got to gun, the rifle I have killed more game with over the past 15 years: Ruger .308 bolt

2) My pet project: an H&R single shot 25/06 that I am currently having a custom stock put on...it is a real tack driver.

3) The newest edition to my small rifle collection: (which I really bought for elk hunting) a Remington CDL 300 Win mag.

So based on that info, which two would you take mule deer hunting (and why) and which one would you leave home???? :confused:

The 308 as primary... because it's your favorite & more than adequate for your hunt.

The win mag. mainly because it'll probably be my next chamber selection...long reach & terminal energy...I like the Rem 700 platform.

Hard to beat an accurate single shot...

...what scope per caliber?

I'd take the 308 since it sounds like you've used it the most.Either of the other two would be fine for a backup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back