Caribou Gear Tarp

Dermestid Elk

thomas89

Could someone post some close-ups of a dermestid-cleaned skull? Thinking like the back of the skull (that nasty tendon connection point), vertebrae area, ears, etc.

Got my 2022 bull back (long-story) and I’m trying to judge the quality of work.

Deep down I know the answer. Just want to confirm. What I’m already thinking.

Not cleaned well, not degreased well, I’ve never seen one so wanting to triple check before I jump to conclusions.
The best/most expensive taxidermist around me does all his euros by boiling. Every one of them I’ve seen had pieces of flesh left behind and simply covered with white paint. I can’t believe people are paying what they do for them

I do not, but am interested in learning the process. Still waiting on my whitetail from last fall. Thinking I need to just do it myself going forward.
Don't recook it. Sous vide it. Sometimes just simple hydration and a pressure washer can fix it to.

Low temp 125 130 with volume 40 clear peroxide and water. Little borax or tide powder. Pressure wash. Bueno

Don't recook it. Sous vide it. Sometimes just simple hydration and a pressure washer can fix it to.

Low temp 125 130 with volume 40 clear peroxide and water. Little borax or tide powder. Pressure wash. Bueno
Idk I don't think pressure washer gonna take that grease out ? I'd go dawn or ammonia no?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaronf257
Back