Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Denver business trip

DirtyDan

I'll be in Denver next week for work. I fly in on Monday, but don't have any meetings till Wednesday night. The family is coming in on Friday for a long weekend which we've talked about skiing on Saturday and visiting Red Rocks on Sunday. If you had 1 and a half days to burn what would you do. Im leaning towards something outdoor related maybe a good hiking area away from the city, or a hot springs visit to some place not hippyish, maybe even a shed hunt though I wouldn't be able to bring any home with me.
Thanks

Denver has a nice aquarium that the kids might like and I think their zoo is pretty good. Look at the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives website and see about eating in a place or two off of that, I know there's quite a few in Denver. There's 2 Cabela's and a Bass Pro Shop in Denver as well.

A couple of great museums, a great barbeque place at about 20th and Broadway but can't remember the name. Trail Ridge road in RMNP is most likely still closed but you could maybe get to see some big horns up by Estes Park or better still up by Georgetown and then you could backtrack to Idaho Springs and pop over the ridge to Central City and Blackhawk. I believe the nearest hot springs are at Glenwood Springs. Go up to 36th and Tejon (La Casita) for some good Mexican and the best tamales in the city, for great Italian (Gaetano's ) just up the street a couple of blocks at 3760 Tejon. Don't know if you're a foodie, but those are a few options.

Sounds like eating, drinking, or gambling is it. I was looking for something out of the city hustle and bustle. RMNP sounds promising though, best oysters I've ever had was in Estes.
Thanks for the suggestion all.

Bruce's in severance. Get their oysters, the Rocky Mountain kind...

If you're going to Red Rocks swing over to golden & do the coors tour.

Royal George railroad.

Back