Define HUNTING

I'm with Michael and Darren on this.
biggrin.gif

I DO hunt for food, because I don't buy beef. Never have and hope I never have to. You can't buy venison in the grocery store. Unless maybe it's from a game farm, and of course you all know I would never support a game farm.

WH- But wasn't the prior designation that you HAVE to? I'm glad that you don't buy beef and I'm planning on attempting the same thing this year if I can ever get done with some schooling.

Kerasote has an interesting take on the merits of hunting vs. buying meat at the grocery store. His contention is that if one hunts near to home that it is better enviornmentally than buying beef and that only one (or however many animals you harvest) life is given up.

O.K, i hunt for food too, but its different kind of hunting. If i really want meat i go whack and stack some tasty doe and doe fawns. But i dont find enjoyment in it, its almost like work to me so i only do it when its cold out and the freezer is getting empty or there is too many doe on my property for QDM. I look at it as grocery shopping with a weapon.
I wont hunt game for just the horns or hide (exept varmit) unless i intend to choke the meat down. I am not a fan of bear meat so i never had a huge urge to hunt them. I killed a Javalina once and didnt like the taste so i will not do it again unless i can find someone to take the meat.
I hunted pigs in Texas last winter and loved the hunt, and the meat so i was really turned on by the hunt.

Looking good.

Me, I hunt to eat, but I don't always kill the animal when I finds them (kinda play with them a while first).
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yup, I like what some have come up with...
I like the simple feelings of pursuit and conquest.
Whether I get any thing or not.
biggrin.gif

moosie is that the picture where you were accused of beastiality on that other board?

hunting is the reason i work.to buy more hunting stuff, so i can hunt more.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back