Deer theft

Muledeer4me

I shot a little spike mule deer last monday about 8pm.
I was pretty excited as this was only my third big game animal with my bow.
It got to dark to follow a blood trail so we left and came back at first light.
We picked up the blood trail right away ,started flaging the trail ,I was so excited to see a good blood trail ,knowing I got a good hit.
Fom the blood we know it has to be around real close.
Then I saw it-----------a big patch of hair????and drag marks??
What the heck!!!!!
Something had got there before us.
We looked around thinking it might have been a cat ,then I saw magpies fly up from the ravine just below us.
We went for a closer look and ,
Damn coyotes ate my deer!!!! LOL

that sucks--it seems you can't leave anything overnight these days for one reason or another----chris

Dang coyotes, unfortuntly I hear these storys quite often. I have often had bear alot of times, drag quarters down out of trees, even one time packed a spike bulls head off that we never found, even tied up high in a tree is no game for a hungry bear.

Next time take yer Panties off and Ties it around the Deers Antlers.... Not that it would detour men, but I'm sure the Coyotees wouldn't go near it ;)

Kudos on the Bow kill anyways !!!!!!

Moosie, when your brain vomits like that and your mouth is closed, does it come out your ears? :confused: :confused: :confused:

MD, didnt someone once steel your grandfather's wooden leg?:D
congrats on the bow kill!

I kinda expect something like that in a area with wolves or bears and even cats but I really wasnt thinking much about yotes.
They are now high on my hit list .LOL
It sucked ,but I still have a deer tag I can use.
(I already called fish and game )

"MD, didnt someone once steel your grandfather's wooden leg?"

JB, that was the time grandpa sat down to rest and fell asleep, he woke up just in time to see a beaver running off with part of his wooden leg, dang beaver chewed right throught it while grandpa was snoozing.

Sorry to hear that MD.

I had an elk eaten by a bear(s) once. Shot it on a Sunday afternoon as a mater of fact it will be 11 years ago Saturday... Dressed, quartered, packed it about 200 yards from the kill site and brushed it up to keep the birds off. I planned on taking a day off from school and coming back with the horses on tuesday or wednesday to pack it out. The weather was cool and it would have kept till spring... Over the couse of our elk hunting careers, we've never had a problem doing this, never had so much as a coyote eat on one... Anyway, we had a bad snow storm roll in and we coudn't get up on the mountain till Thursday. Well when we got to it, we noticed a lot of bear tracks around. I was pretty nervous, as there area grizzly in the area... When we got to the kill site there was nothing left but hide and bones. I was sick. The only thing I got off that bull were the backstraps, tenderloins and the heart. It was my first archery bull to boot! I did get the rack, and was lucky to have gotten what meat I did.

The same thing happened to me about three weeks ago but it was a muley doe. Shot her with about 30 min of light left thought i was a little high so stayed in the tree til dark got out didnt see good blood right away so decided to get her in the morning, came back my bro-in-law found her bout 50 yards from where i last saw her and she was half eaten. Leaves a sick feeling in my gut to have lost an animal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back