PEAX Equipment

Deer Hunting Around Emmet Idaho

stanleyaz

Since it is in Moosie's back yard, I thought this would be a good site to post this question on. Does anyone know much about the area around Emmett?

My wife spent high-school years there, and still has friends in the area. She would like to go visit sometime, and I was thinking of trying to maybe combo it up with a deer hunt.

Is there public land in the area? How is the hunting?

Thanks in advance for the help!

S.

I was just out there this weekend. Saw a few deer from the roads. It seems that alot of the good hunting is on private property. But you would be close to alot of other areas that would probably be better hunting. Good luck.

-Hghcountry

Thanks guys, I appreciate the information. I'm just kind of thinking about it now. Nothing firm planned yet. I've been up there a couple of times, and it sure looks like nice country. My wife's family used to own a fruit ranch in Emmett, and I always liked going up there....

Happy hunting!

S.

:)

Although it's my backyard, I haven't spent much time at all over there. I do know there is alot of hunting around the Sweet/Ola area. I know a Guy that hound hunts and lives in Emmet. He would tell me if you're going to head over that way. When you get serious about heading thatway, Drop me a line.

Thanks Moosie! Just a thought now, but I'll let you know if I decide to get serious about it.

S.

:)

Tons of good deer and elk above Sweet and Ola. Hunted up there a couple years ago on a friends dad's ranch. Lot of whitetail there to. with general tag you can have your choice Mulioe or whitetail.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back