Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Deer Camp bound ** Update**

Cammy

Monday I head out for my annual pilgrimage to deer camp 1000 miles from home in some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen. Joining me are a coupe of guys that live near there one of which I have known for 35 years. This year feels different as I am not scurrying around taking care of last minute details and am way behind on packing. October was a rough month for me as we lost one of our employees in a tragic accident and the week after my wife had to go to the ER for a kidney stone that required surgery that night and will require another surgery to have it removed. My Mother in law it was discovered has a bad heart valve that will require surgery so my Father in Law will not be going with me this year for the first time in 6 years or so.

With all of this happening I feel as though the universe is kicking my butt though I don't know what I did to make it mad. My only hope is that 1000 miles of alone time will allow me the time to find the self that seems to be missing right now. Nothing can beat a week in the wilderness with close friends and without the distractions of everyday life to get you back to center.

My trip to Idaho proved to be everything I needed to get back to center. Great time with two close friends that I see in person once a year. It is true that when you have a true friend regardless of the time between reunions, you pick up as though no time has passed.

2000 miles of alone time allows for some serious introspective thought and clearing of the mind. Just what I needed to delete all the negative and focus on what is right and good in my life. Looking forward to next year already and will be enjoying the deer meat that God provided for me until then.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back